Jonathan David

Vince193

while this could be true, this could just as easily be Lille playing the transfer game themselves in an effort to show they aren’t desperate for the money so other clubs can’t expect to lowball them with a bid for David. 

I still think Lille will get a few bids for David, but they will probably not come until the last week of the transfer window  

I have no issues with David staying at Lille, however they are a selling team and a selling team sells. 

The clock is ticking and I'm sure they will not let it rundown.  This whole saga is inching really close to Juve territory, they're so good at scooping up guys for free.  Always wondered if there weren't shady and questionable under the table and private room deals behind some of their transfers, many of them just don't make sense.

Edited by costarg

1 hour ago, costarg said:

I have no issues with David staying at Lille, however they are a selling team and a selling team sells. 

The clock is ticking and I'm sure they will not let it rundown.  This whole saga is inching really close to Juve territory, they're so good at scooping up guys for free.  Always wondered if there weren't shady and questionable under the table and private room deals behind some of their transfers, many of them just don't make sense.

For sure there were some palms greased in the Pepe deal. 

edit: if you’re referring to Lille. I don’t know anything about Juve’s business.

Edited by frmr

If you have a French VPN, Lille's game against Brentford is on their YouTube (and their Facebook they say) 

Edit: Also on Brentford's site without a  VPN

https://www.brentfordfc.com/en/tv/videos/Live/0_ma8uvmu0

David started and it's currently 0-0 in the first half.

Maybe my imagination but they are starting to include him in their socials again.

Edited by WestHamCanadianinOxford

On 8/4/2023 at 1:23 PM, Lansdude said:

Are Spurs really gonna turn around and spend 50% of their Kane-cash on David, who doesn't have the same attributes? IDK. I hope so!

Same attributes...good point, and it's probably why this is what's trending on Twitter, Google, etc.:

https://www.footballfancast.com/spurs-taremi-kane-postecoglou-premier-league-transfer-gossip/

image.png.c6d0483dbe60e5d071fe00f6e3ac8088.png

13 minutes ago, narduch said:

Lille take on B36 Tórshavn of Faroe Islands this week in the Europa Conference League 3rd qualifying round.

If they advance (and really they should), they will face HNK Rijeka of Croatia in the final qualifying round.

Lille should obviously win, but KI also of Faroe Islands already beat Ferenvaros and Haken to secure guaranteed group stage in one of the European tournaments this year. If they beat Molde next round which they have a shot at doing, I think they’re guaranteed Europa league group stage, and if they win the playoff, they make champions league GS. Big year for the Faroe Islands. Hope Lille doesn’t contribute to the legend.

This goes back to my half backed, probably baseless theory that these insane transfer fees hurt the "upper-middle class" more than any other type of player. If you have a massive budget, you're going to find the next great player for 100M, if you want to surround him with players, you go digging for bargains, but the market for that 40-70M player is what gets squeezed; not the players you're going to make your marquee signing of the year, but too expensive to be just another good player on your team.