Jonathan David

Vince193

3 hours ago, WestHamCanadianinOxford said:

It feels like no one wants it to happen.  They have moved on in their marketing etc. Still have a month and a week for money to come free.  Between a rock and hard place is Lille because they seemingly need the money.

He was supposed to go two summers ago, and I was told it was 100% happening last summer.  Still nothing...

14 minutes ago, VinceA said:

Hojlund going to United. Call me crazy but David is better and probably cheaper if thr valuations for Hojlund are correct.

Hojlund is a different profile and has a metric ton of potential. Top clubs still won’t see David as a pure 9, and it’s probably fair. He can’t bully big defenders and he’s not an aerial target. Hojlund is kind of a Kane/Haaland hybrid and if he hits his projections he’ll be an absolute beast and could lead the line for any club. The jury is still out on David as a pure 9 at the top level. 

Edited by frmr

1 hour ago, jhoops__ said:

The bid was supposedly a loan with a non mandatory 20-23 mill fee after.

I would hope it's laughed out the door.

If that is what we are talking, I can't seeing them close to David either.

Edit: I guess if you mean coming in, Moyes won't want someone like David and he seems to be still holding the transfer keys (or at least holding them so others can't reach them.)

Edited by WestHamCanadianinOxford

Lille does need to be a bit careful here. Realistically, this is their last opportunity to get a bigger transfer for him. Next year, he'll be down to the final year of his contract. At which point a) teams will really lowball them on offers or b) he walks for free in a year (so long as he doesn't do something stupid like sign an extension).

9 hours ago, Watchmen said:

Lille does need to be a bit careful here. Realistically, this is their last opportunity to get a bigger transfer for him. Next year, he'll be down to the final year of his contract. At which point a) teams will really lowball them on offers or b) he walks for free in a year (so long as he doesn't do something stupid like sign an extension).

Fact is the market is very flat, in spite of the talk of astronomical numbers out of Saudi Arabia or around the superstars. 

Normally it picks up deeper into the window, when some big team has 2-3 bad results in the start of the season. But I am not sure it will be the case this year, maybe because of financial fair play affecting many clubs who'd otherwise spend more. So I agree with you, maybe Lille has to adjust the strategy. If they are saying 50 or 60  million to enquiries, maybe they need to drop a bit as you say. After all, they've gotten results from their David investment, they won a league, they've played Champions.