Jonathan David

Vince193

3 minutes ago, Kadenge said:

A bit of a head scratcher by Fulham. Jimenez is unlikely to replace the goal production of Mitrovic.

No.

A gamble he will find form again?

Apparently they are spending some money on centre backs and Silva is staying.  

Think that still rules out another striker with anything close to David's pricetag.

2 hours ago, WestHamCanadianinOxford said:

No.

A gamble he will find form again?

Apparently they are spending some money on centre backs and Silva is staying.  

Think that still rules out another striker with anything close to David's pricetag.

Same formula they used with Mitrović after he flopped at Newcastle. Not a club that’s going to spend big money for an in-demand striker. 

12 hours ago, TOcanadafan said:

Speaking of Newcastle, after adding another attacking player in Barnes, I just don’t see them buying another expensive one like JD. 

Barnes is actually semi reasonable.  They were supposedly looking at Kvaratskhelia who was quoted as almost twice what Barnes went for.

They have a net spending of €100 mil so far this year.  If they can get €30 mill for St Maximim, a €50 mill deal is not out of question.  Do they want to do that on another striker is a bigger question for me?

16 minutes ago, WestHamCanadianinOxford said:

Barnes is actually semi reasonable.  They were supposedly looking at Kvaratskhelia who was quoted as almost twice what Barnes went for.

They have a net spending of €100 mil so far this year.  If they can get €30 mill for St Maximim, a €50 mill deal is not out of question.  Do they want to do that on another striker is a bigger question for me?

They have livramento likely coming at 30m, disasi or another cb at 50m and a LB (tierney -30m, the guy from wolves 10m). Theyll likely be close to 200m spend before they even start talking about david/ the striker position.

8 minutes ago, Bigandy said:

They have livramento likely coming at 30m, disasi or another cb at 50m and a LB (tierney -30m, the guy from wolves 10m). Theyll likely be close to 200m spend before they even start talking about david/ the striker position.

Howe is crying FFP recently.  As always not sure how much we should believe him but he is not the only one these days.  Everton are in actual trouble, the manager says Wolves are, we couldn't buy until we sold Rice apparently.  Newcastle had no Europe last year so their revenue is not huge yet.

Be interesting to see how real it is but I am not sure I see 200mil this year from them.

I wonder if behind the scenes LOSC has a similar deal for David that PSG has for Mbappe where a Saudi team is willing to pay his fee or maybe even more, pay David a stupid salary and then let him leave on a free next season. Obviously nowhere near what Mbappe is being offered, but if the European offers are all below what Lille wants and a Saudi team comes along offering to take care of their problem, Lille could stay firm on keeping him until their price is met.

47 minutes ago, WestHamCanadianinOxford said:

Howe is crying FFP recently.  As always not sure how much we should believe him but he is not the only one these days.  Everton are in actual trouble, the manager says Wolves are, we couldn't buy until we sold Rice apparently.  Newcastle had no Europe last year so their revenue is not huge yet.

Be interesting to see how real it is but I am not sure I see 200mil this year from them.

I agreed that 200 is unlikely but then i did the numbers. It feels inevitable that the sign livramento and a CB. Conceivable they sign a lb like tierney for 30m but likely get a young budget guy.  
Minteh 7
Tonali 55
Barnes 38
Plus
Livramento 30
Disasa/CB 50
Wolves LB 10 
=190 

Wood 15
Plus
AMS 30 

Final spend 145ish.  I cant see much more than that. 

1 hour ago, InglewoodJack said:

I wonder if behind the scenes LOSC has a similar deal for David that PSG has for Mbappe where a Saudi team is willing to pay his fee or maybe even more, pay David a stupid salary and then let him leave on a free next season. Obviously nowhere near what Mbappe is being offered, but if the European offers are all below what Lille wants and a Saudi team comes along offering to take care of their problem, Lille could stay firm on keeping him until their price is met.

I'm not sure David carries the "name" value of a number of the other players the Saudi teams have bought.  And it would require David to want to spend a prime year of his career in the Saudi league, and we don't know if he wants that.

15 minutes ago, Watchmen said:

I'm not sure David carries the "name" value of a number of the other players the Saudi teams have bought.  And it would require David to want to spend a prime year of his career in the Saudi league, and we don't know if he wants that.

I don’t think he wants it, but if the club is offered an offer they can’t refuse and if Saudi offers David, I don’t know, pocket change like €40M for one year, it might be hard to turn down.

I don’t think it has to do with name recognition more than it has to do with Saudi Arabia wanting to also say they can attract young in prime players. If Jota can get €10M/year and Celtic can earn €25M on the transfer, I think they could come up with a very enticing offer for Lille, at least enticing enough for them to not sell JD for below their demands.

34 minutes ago, InglewoodJack said:

I don’t think he wants it, but if the club is offered an offer they can’t refuse and if Saudi offers David, I don’t know, pocket change like €40M for one year, it might be hard to turn down.

I don’t think it has to do with name recognition more than it has to do with Saudi Arabia wanting to also say they can attract young in prime players. If Jota can get €10M/year and Celtic can earn €25M on the transfer, I think they could come up with a very enticing offer for Lille, at least enticing enough for them to not sell JD for below their demands.

I'm guessing quite a few players have turned it down and we just don't hear about it.  That enquires are made to agents, and if there's no interest then the discussions just don't go any further.

Regardless, I think it's probably a bit early to start thinking about the Saudi league might be his destination. 

As much as I worry about the constant turmoil of spurs, I do see some reasons to go. 

Levy typically does his business late and loves a deal where the other club is in a rock and hard place. They have richarlson as their 9 so I can see levy wanting a high quality depth piece but within the under 50m range. David offers a different profile to what they have. It seems they will likely play a 4-2-3-1 or a 4-3-3. David could float between Cam or #9 depending on the formation.

The biggest issue I see is that David would likely want a team in europe and his profile isnt 100% suited to playing as the lone 9 (even though hes improving on that).