Jonathan David

Vince193

1 hour ago, WestHamCanadianinOxford said:

Looks like Arsenal are going for 60ish million Havertz when then could of had David for 50 mill.  

Dumb move. David does everything Havertz does but finishes better. 

(But maybe I am just upset at the Arse for other reasons)

Still, if it makes Napoli any closer...

(and yet the journalist who called Paqueta last year says we are interested)

They are completely different players lol

5 hours ago, WestHamCanadianinOxford said:

Honestly disagree, having watched him for a number of years.  

David passes very well if playing withdrawn which is what I have seen Havertz do well.  Defensively I think David works harder in the press, if that is what you want. 

But Arsenal have enough players to pass it around nicely. They stumbled because they could not kill things off. 

I think Havertz is better in tight spaces and as a combiner. They can both play a withdrawn forward role, but I think Havertz can play as a central midfielder (which is where I think they may use him at times). 

I agree David is a better presser.

4 hours ago, El Diego said:

I think Havertz is better in tight spaces and as a combiner. They can both play a withdrawn forward role, but I think Havertz can play as a central midfielder (which is where I think they may use him at times). 

I agree David is a better presser.

I agree about tight spaces, though David is capable of some nice layoffs in combination play.  

But in tight spaces they have a whole lot of players that are good to excellent already and if you are looking to beat defenders one on one they have better than Havertz (and David) already in Saka, Martinelli probably Trossard etc.

Havertz does not have the bite to really play actual midfield in the Premier League, in my opinion.  Take that for what it's worth.

20 hours ago, Shway said:

As an Arsenal fan, David is not what we need. 
He would be a Jesus pt.2  with his versatility, passing, and pressing capabilities. 

We need a big 9. and I could see Havertz versatility affecting Artetas decision to get him. 

Or Eddie pt. 2

David is  a better fit at Brighton, West Ham or Villa.   Pair him with Ferguson and Mitoma and look out!  

https://theanalyst.com/na/2023/06/opta-player-radars-answering-five-questions/

In such a scenario, the Opta Player Radar puts Lille striker Jonathan David as the forward most similar to Kane, with a 76% similarity.

Of course, you have to recognise David’s output is recorded from a league regarded as weaker than the Premier League. Nevertheless, the Canada international scores and creates at comparable rates to Kane, and he’d unlikely break the bank, providing room for manoeuvre in terms of additional reinforcements.”

2 minutes ago, dyslexic nam said:

I heard how he isn’t interested in leaving England- he’s currently building a massive mansion in London, I don’t know if he’s going to want to go spend most of the year for the next several years in Germany 

18 minutes ago, InglewoodJack said:

I heard how he isn’t interested in leaving England- he’s currently building a massive mansion in London, I don’t know if he’s going to want to go spend most of the year for the next several years in Germany 

Yeah it's 15 minutes from Chelsea's training ground, which the silly season press have tried to make something of.  But it's Surrey where lots of posh people live and him jet-setting about would not be out of place either.