Jonathan David

Vince193

I really wonder if David might stay at Lille again this summer.   I don’t think anyone will meet Lille’s asking price.   The Prem seems to be his desired location but it doesn’t look as though there’s a fit there at the moment.  If anything happens he might stay in Ligue une with either PSG or perhaps Marseille.   Napoli maybe if they sell Osimhen and it looks like RB are after Openda.   

If David stays at Lille I actually wouldn't mind it especially because he has a good thing going over there but if he leaves, then the clubs I could see him going to:

- Atletico Madrid (La Liga) (Spain)

- AC Milan (Serie A) (Italy)

- Chelsea (Premier League) (England)

- Manchester United (Premier League) (England)

- Borussia Dortmund (Bundesliga) (Germany)

Milan has had an interesting last couple of days and not sure how active they’ll be in the transfer market but it terms of fit that might be ideal.  Giroud will be 37 soon and playing up top with Leao would be incredible . Dortmund have a number of strikers and it seems United are after a bigger fish.   Chelsea could be possible but he’d have a lot of competition for minutes after they signed Nkunku…

3 hours ago, jhoops__ said:

Don't like Napoli for a number of reasons.

They won't repeat their season in the league, so he'll be compared with last year's team. 

Italy is a harder league to score in and he's unlikely to shine as easily.

If they sell Osimhen, who they got from Lille, they'll expect a similar product, which he is not. They'll also expect a similar sell-on I'd imagine. 

All that is too much to live up to and unnecessary pressure. Along with the cultural and language demands of southern Italy.

At West Ham, or any strong EPL club, like Villa, the expectations would be reasonable. Mid-table, if you can get higher into Europa League, then great. Score 15. It may not mean trophies but it's solid and expectations, however demanding, are realistic.

Looks like Arsenal are going for 60ish million Havertz when then could of had David for 50 mill.  

Dumb move. David does everything Havertz does but finishes better. 

(But maybe I am just upset at the Arse for other reasons)

Still, if it makes Napoli any closer...

(and yet the journalist who called Paqueta last year says we are interested)

2 minutes ago, WestHamCanadianinOxford said:

Looks like Arsenal are going for 60ish million Havertz when then could of had David for 50 mill.  

Dumb move. David does everything Havertz does but finishes better. 

(But maybe I am just upset at the Arse for other reasons)

Still, if it makes Napoli any closer...

(and yet the journalist who called Paqueta last year says we are interested)

They're different players, I think Arsenal want him for his versatility. Despite his struggles at Chelsea I still really like Havertz.

Just now, El Diego said:

They're different players, I think Arsenal want him for his versatility. Despite his struggles at Chelsea I still really like Havertz.

Honestly disagree, having watched him for a number of years.  

David passes very well if playing withdrawn which is what I have seen Havertz do well.  Defensively I think David works harder in the press, if that is what you want. 

But Arsenal have enough players to pass it around nicely. They stumbled because they could not kill things off.