Jonathan David

Vince193

2 minutes ago, Lansdude said:

Was he really hoping he'd land at Arsenal but that ship has sailed. Gonna be hard to cheer for him on Man U if that's where he ends up!

You never know. Jesus has been misfiring. Hasn't scored in 11 or something, so I don't think that ship has fully sailed.

27 minutes ago, frmr said:

Fabrizio saying again David could be heading to United in January. With the new Super Drama with Ronaldo, United will likely be looking for striker reinforcements in January. If David has a good World Cup I think he's definitely off to United. I have mixed feelings about that but it would be massive.

Hoping for a United transfer, favourite player at favourite club

17 minutes ago, jhoops__ said:

Imagine:

Garnacho       David       Antony

In my opinion, he’d fit well into ETH’s philosophy. Garnacho and Antony are more than capable of taking men on 1 on 1 with speed and pace, but the team lacks a raw workhorse similair to David. David is a defensive asset and an offensive delight, his ability to find space is something United also struggles with on set pieces. I think he’d fit really well, but maybe I’m just being biased 

32 minutes ago, WestHamCanadianinOxford said:

Newcastle was latest last week. 

One internet attempt tried to do a 2+2=5, with John Herdman being a Barcodes supporter. 

https://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2022/11/09/newcastle-united-jonathan-david-john-herdman-canada/

Hadn't seen that. Not sure there is room with Isak and Wilson but maybe if he reverts to AM? Don't see it.

29 minutes ago, WestHamCanadianinOxford said:

Newcastle was latest last week. 

One internet attempt tried to do a 2+2=5, with John Herdman being a Barcodes supporter. 

https://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2022/11/09/newcastle-united-jonathan-david-john-herdman-canada/

The more I think about it, I really like the Newcastle fit. With how they have to improve in increments due to the financial rules, he seems like the natural step up from where they currently are. When I look at their best scoring options, I see players who came to them from Burnley, Bornemouth, Atlanta, and it seems like a top Ligue One scorer would be the natural step up for them. Plus, there's enough reason to believe that he's got a lot of room to improve, so either he's their striker of the future, or will be valuable enough to ship out and make a nice profit when he's 25.

One thing about the article though- I always thought Herdman was a Sunderland fan, not Newcastle? I know he coached in their organization at some point, but thought they were also his boyhood club. May have imagined it though.

2 minutes ago, InglewoodJack said:

The more I think about it, I really like the Newcastle fit. With how they have to improve in increments due to the financial rules, he seems like the natural step up from where they currently are. When I look at their best scoring options, I see players who came to them from Burnley, Bornemouth, Atlanta, and it seems like a top Ligue One scorer would be the natural step up for them. Plus, there's enough reason to believe that he's got a lot of room to improve, so either he's their striker of the future, or will be valuable enough to ship out and make a nice profit when he's 25.

One thing about the article though- I always thought Herdman was a Sunderland fan, not Newcastle? I know he coached in their organization at some point, but thought they were also his boyhood club. May have imagined it though.

From the Mail, couple months ago 

"Herdman is an open book and speaks passionately about, well, everything. He grew up loving football but it took a snub for him to support Newcastle United after his father took him to St James’ Park to see his boyhood hero in 1986.

‘I was actually a Man United fan at the time. My dad was Newcastle daft. I liked Brian Robson, he was from Chester-Le-Street. I just remember him being like the England hero at the time, Captain Marvel. I got a Man United kit for Christmas.

‘And I came out of there hating Man United because when they got off the bus, I was there with me Man United kit - I'm probably the only one welcoming them to the stadium. And none of the players would sign autographs. And I remember Norman Whiteside telling us to do one as well!’"

1 minute ago, WestHamCanadianinOxford said:

"Herdman is an open book and speaks passionately about, well, everything. He grew up loving football but it took a snub for him to support Newcastle United after his father took him to St James’ Park to see his boyhood hero in 1986.

‘I was actually a Man United fan at the time. My dad was Newcastle daft. I liked Brian Robson, he was from Chester-Le-Street. I just remember him being like the England hero at the time, Captain Marvel. I got a Man United kit for Christmas.

‘And I came out of there hating Man United because when they got off the bus, I was there with me Man United kit - I'm probably the only one welcoming them to the stadium. And none of the players would sign autographs. And I remember Norman Whiteside telling us to do one as well!’"

Oh yeah, I remember reading that Herdman got snubbed by Man United as a kid, but forgot the part about Newcastle. Hoping the club has acknowledged their potential in with the CANMNT players from this, and have been talking to Herdman about David.

8 minutes ago, WestHamCanadianinOxford said:

Jesus, Joseph, Mary, I thought I was perfectly fluent in English but what does the highlighted part mean exactly. I have an idea but I never heard that euphemism before.

7 minutes ago, InglewoodJack said:

Oh yeah, I remember reading that Herdman got snubbed by Man United as a kid, but forgot the part about Newcastle. Hoping the club has acknowledged their potential in with the CANMNT players from this, and have been talking to Herdman about David.

I wonder if Herdman still holds a grudge against them and will steer them in the wrong direction?