Jonathan David

Vince193

2 minutes ago, Kadenge said:

that's reminiscent of the goal he scored at BMO on a pass from MAK

1st touch is nice…I think he’s an underrated player to be honest.  With good service this year he’ll bag 20+ in Ligue 1 this year..,

22 minutes ago, jhoops__ said:

1st touch is nice…I think he’s an underrated player to be honest.  With good service this year he’ll bag 20+ in Ligue 1 this year..,

That’s the thing…. He doesn’t have good service, Lille are giving up all their players for a bag of chips and then they seem to value David like Gold, he’s a skilled player but he’ll have Trouble doing anything without service.

27 minutes ago, Jack1997 said:

That’s the thing…. He doesn’t have good service, Lille are giving up all their players for a bag of chips and then they seem to value David like Gold, he’s a skilled player but he’ll have Trouble doing anything without service.

Weah is a good player and yes they have to add some more attacking talent.

This proves JD would kill it in the French 3rd div. Well done.

but seriously, scoring 2 goals and getting an assist in a single half is impressive anywhere, even if it’s a friendly against an irrelevant opponent. After the season he’s had, obviously with an eye to bigger and better things and seemingly one foot out the door, giving an elite performance in a meaningless game is important. Show up, dominate, and then go and sit down with the game firmly in hand. That’s some superstar shit.

I find it odd that people complained about how terrible Lille were to watch last year, how David didn't get any service, etc. are now also worried about Lille shipping a lot of those players out.  The main problem with Lille last year is they couldn't score, Yilmaz got old really quick and in the 2nd half of the season, opponents figured out that David was the only threat they had to worry about.

From a CMNT perspective, being at Lille is the perfect situation for David going into the WC.  He will have to take his chances and fight for goals.

Is there a difference between a friendly and an “opposition d’entraînement”? I think that’s Brugge’s B team. The way it sounds, they called those guys in as ringers for target practice more or less. Still cool to see JD putting in work, even in matches that don’t matter. 

23 minutes ago, InglewoodJack said:

Is there a difference between a friendly and an “opposition d’entraînement”? I think that’s Brugge’s B team. The way it sounds, they called those guys in as ringers for target practice more or less. Still cool to see JD putting in work, even in matches that don’t matter. 

Pretty obvious it was some sort of reserve team seeing as they played an official match yesterday 

Seeing clubs willing to pay 35+ million for players like Isak and Scamacca who are in no way better than David and hearing no rumours about him moving is kind of weird, even if they’re different profiles. A well earned break should do him well and apparently Lille’s new signing Bayo will complement him well so even if he doesn’t move it’s not the end of the world. 

26 minutes ago, sebdeserio said:

Seeing clubs willing to pay 35+ million for players like Isak and Scamacca who are in no way better than David and hearing no rumours about him moving is kind of weird, even if they’re different profiles. A well earned break should do him well and apparently Lille’s new signing Bayo will complement him well so even if he doesn’t move it’s not the end of the world. 

Even his teammate Onana, who I wasn't that impressed with last season,  is linked with a 30 million move to the EPL

4 hours ago, sebdeserio said:

I just think that Lille’s asking price ($50-$55M?) is holding off serious bids at this time.  And perhaps David really does only want Champions League football if he makes a move, so even though certain Prem teams could take a chance on him, he isn’t interested.

4 hours ago, sebdeserio said:

Isak is in a better league, has one more year at the level than David, and has a similar scoring rate. Then again, his scoring rate for Sweden is worse than David's for Canada.

He's good, I like him, but you could argue that if David, at his age, had his Ligue 1 numbers in La Liga or Serie A he'd be worth even more. 

I find it nuts they are offering 70 million for Isak, surprising.

Let's be honest: if David had scored just 4-5 more over the second half of the season his 50 million transfer would have happened and Lille would have kept 2-3 others instead of him.

Edited by Unnamed Trialist

1 minute ago, narduch said:

Man U rumours

Not my preference, but it's a massive club that should finish top 6 and challenge for top 4. He'll get European competition this season, I believe (Europa?)

I don't know, I have been generally negative whenever they've been linked to him, but seeing as though nothing else is on the horizon, it doesn't seem so bad. On the other end, at Lille he'll probably score a boat load of goals, but they are losing players so the supporting cast won't be there. Maybe he can channel some '2019-2020 Gent' vibes and puts Lille on his back?  

Eh, worst thing that happens is that he fails at Man Utd (just like many other great players have).

This would be a massive move and I’d personally love to see how it transpires. 

I keep re-iterating the same thing when it comes to speculation like this. Football players careers are short and their careers aren’t very predictable. If a chance like this comes, you take it (not everything can be playing for the perfect manager, or the perfect #10 feeding you the ball or the perfect moment in a career).

Just my opinion. 

1 hour ago, cronaldo7 said:

Eh, worst thing that happens is that he fails at Man Utd (just like many other great players have).

This would be a massive move and I’d personally love to see how it transpires. 

I keep re-iterating the same thing when it comes to speculation like this. Football players careers are short and their careers aren’t very predictable. If a chance like this comes, you take it (not everything can be playing for the perfect manager, or the perfect #10 feeding you the ball or the perfect moment in a career).

Just my opinion. 

Considering the players we have and the teams they play for, I really don’t think we’re in any place to squawk about a Man U transfer. For all the talks of how dis functional they are or whatever, we have exactly one player at a better club then them, so I say if that’s the best offer out there, I would love to see David make that jump.