Jonathan David

Vince193

33 minutes ago, Obinna said:

This picture never gets old.

To be fair, Bayern have not run away with the title for a while now. Each season thet seem to maintain a single digit cushion on the chasing pack, and have at least one slip where the gap closes to 4 points or less. While it hasn't really come down to the wire, they tend to drop points and let the likes of RB Leipzig, Dortmund or Leverkusen hang around and stay in the race. When was the last PSG style donination? I can see why Bayern fans would feel surprised everytime they win the title.

True, but Bayern fans were busy bemoaning how they couldn't possibly win it for a 10th straight year even as their closest rivals were selling their top players. Even PSG has dropped the title a few times in the last decade.

9 hours ago, Joe MacCarthy said:

Not the end of the world if he does but I just don't see it lasting for the entire season.  Not unless there are significant improvements in the play and to be honest I haven't been paying attention enough to know if that's a realistic expectation or no.

Last campaign was a complete waste.  The man can't afford to piss away another year.  

If Lewandowski does leave which fron what I have read may happen .Then maybe Bayern will get David  mind you 50 mill is a pretty steep  price.  I think the move will be good he will have some rewally good players to learn from and of course having Davies there will help with the transition . over at Bayern they demand and expect success  so there will be a huge amount of pressure 

1 hour ago, Cheeta said:

Not the end of the world if he does but I just don't see it lasting for the entire season.  Not unless there are significant improvements in the play and to be honest I haven't been paying attention enough to know if that's a realistic expectation or no.

Last campaign was a complete waste.  The man can't afford to piss away another year.  

Half the campaign was a waste. The first half of the season he was among Europe’s elite.

8 hours ago, frmr said:

Half the campaign was a waste. The first half of the season he was among Europe’s elite.

Agree but at this point Lille are much weaker  player wise. The new coach should help but he needs talent to work with. I don't see them spending on transfers in so unless they have players in their 2nd team who can step up they are taking a massive risk with keeping David. 

Haller was sold by Ajax to Dortmund for 31M Euros and Leeds paid 20M Brit pounds for Tyler Adams. David is 6 yrs younger than Haller and Adams a defensive mid will attract a lower transfer fee, but Lille need to be realistic with their asking price for David. It's unfortunate Fonseca wasn't  hired last season because Lille's squad is now devoid of talent

Edited by Kadenge

His stock has fallen a little bit I think but I would expect Lille will want similar to what they got for Botman. £35-40m/$50-60m I reckon will get him. 

I am sure Fonseca will want to keep him though and they might fancy gambling that with a new attack minded coach and players around him David will be back to top goal scoring form and will command a somewhere closer to the £50-60m/$70-80m mark. 

Don't ask me why I put pounds in there. Stupid ex-pat brain. Stupid ex-pat pride won't delete either. 

15 hours ago, toontownman said:

His stock has fallen a little bit I think but I would expect Lille will want similar to what they got for Botman. £35-40m/$50-60m I reckon will get him. 

I am sure Fonseca will want to keep him though and they might fancy gambling that with a new attack minded coach and players around him David will be back to top goal scoring form and will command a somewhere closer to the £50-60m/$70-80m mark. 

Don't ask me why I put pounds in there. Stupid ex-pat brain. Stupid ex-pat pride won't delete either. 

On this board if you're like me you read dollars, euros and pounds as exactly the same. 

I only pay attention when it's a ticket price. 

On 7/8/2022 at 5:43 AM, El Hombre said:

I would've highlighted the fact that both shots were going off-target.  Why is the keeper wasting energy trapping balls when there's no chance of them going in?  Poor net awareness.  Definitely amateur hour keeping.

To be fair to the dog, it was clear he was just practicing. 

Lille is shaping up to be a lean mid table club, so if they do any better and Jono scores between 15-20 he'll be fine.