Jonathan David

Vince193

44 minutes ago, Floortom said:

Sanches will be gone, Yilmaz is toast. Are they really going to rely on Gomez and Weah? Could be a dire situation for David but it seems like the consensus is that his price tag is too high and he’ll likely be stuck at Lille. That second half slump really killed his chance of a good move 

I think it's way too soon to say this and I don't think there's any evidence to suggest this right now. There's lots of clubs interested and while the second half of his season definitely prevented a guaranteed move, there's still a good chance. The good thing is now it won't be a disaster if he does end up staying. They will need some reinforcements though I agree, but I do like how he combines with Weah.

This appears to just be Julient Laurens' personal opinion, but he is certainly one of the main English speaking authorities on French football, so maybe there's some weight to it. Nice to see him news on him though.

Full quote:

https://talksport.com/football/1115869/transfer-news-live-premier-league-rumours-gossip-man-united-liverpool-tottenham-arsenal-chelsea/#103544

Edited by frmr

10 hours ago, jhoops__ said:

David in the Prem would be incredible!  As an Arsenal fan I’d love to see him on the club so long as we add an established striker as well.

I've been saying David needs to be at Arsenal for the longest time. I too am an Arsenal fan and I have been speaking this into existence for the longest.

6 hours ago, Greatest Cockney Rip Off said:

I’m repeating myself here but if he ends up England I hope it is somewhere he will fit with their system and with a coach not trying to shoehorn him into their side. Honestly, I am apprehensive about this move.  

He needs to be on a club that has players capable of seeing him and then passing to him. 

1 hour ago, TGAA_Star said:

I've been saying David needs to be at Arsenal for the longest time. I too am an Arsenal fan and I have been speaking this into existence for the longest.

Dude, a Canadian on Arsenal would be a dream!  However,  if we have any a chance of a top 4 finish we need an established CF with EPL experience.   

Plus David if he were to play at Arsenal, he would be with a top team in the Premier League. Yeah sure we barely missed out on Champions League but he would make us better just by him joining our squad. Plus we have a young core group of guys and he would just be another addition to that. And at Arsenal he actually would get playing time.

1 hour ago, TGAA_Star said:

Plus David if he were to play at Arsenal, he would be with a top team in the Premier League. Yeah sure we barely missed out on Champions League but he would make us better just by him joining our squad. Plus we have a young core group of guys and he would just be another addition to that. And at Arsenal he actually would get playing time.

AAANNNNNNdddddd, he could knock some sense into Flores in person!

On 6/16/2022 at 2:14 AM, Greatest Cockney Rip Off said:

I’m repeating myself here but if he ends up England I hope it is somewhere he will fit with their system and with a coach not trying to shoehorn him into their side. Honestly, I am apprehensive about this move.  

That should be the goal for any potential destination. He's pretty much shoehorned into Lille's side as it is.

1 hour ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

Was reading in the Spanish press that Lille is refusing offers from Valencia to buy Weah. If you're going to sell some you have to retain others, logically. 

Now if a new coach comes in, either he insists on players he wants to stay, or he's told who he's losing. 

Is there a Musah factor with that one?

22 minutes ago, Obinna said:

Is there a Musah factor with that one?

Actually don't think so as the whole coaching set-up is changing and there is always pressure on the owner, Peter Lim, to get things right. And Musah is just a decent young piece, no one is either really pleased with him or disappointed. And since he's young, they won't move him.

Weah: it must be the profile of what they want and they may be selling an outside mid-attacker in Carlos Soler, so need replacements.

Valencia is a club I dislike, mostly because they are very self-destructive. The fans are ambitious beyond reasonable expectations, being extremely critical and often toxic. Coaches burn out very quickly. They should be a top 5-6 always but regularly implode, the fact that Villareal is doing better over the past 15 years is rather telling, it'd be like a team from Guelph regularly showing up a powerhouse from Toronto.

1 minute ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

Actually don't think so as the whole coaching set-up is changing and there is always pressure on the owner, Peter Lim, to get things right. And Musah is just a decent young piece, no one is either really pleased with him or disappointed. And since he's young, they won't move him.

Weah: it must be the profile of what they want and they may be selling an outside mid-attacker in Carlos Soler, so need replacements.

Valencia is a club I dislike, mostly because they are very self-destructive. The fans are ambitious beyond reasonable expectations, being extremely critical and often toxic. Coaches burn out very quickly. They should be a top 5-6 always but regularly implode, the fact that Villareal is doing better over the past 15 years is rather telling, it'd be like a team from Guelph regularly showing up a powerhouse from Toronto.

Thanks for that.

Yeah, Valencia actually strike me as being very inconsistent. Without following too closely or going back to check, I feel they are the most likely top 5/6 La liga team to plummet and finish in the bottom half of the table in any given season. 

17 minutes ago, frmr said:

I had to do some dev tools inspector magic to get beyond the paywall, but decent article on David being a possible Lukaku replacement at Chelskea.

https://theathletic.com/3372026/2022/06/20/lukaku-transfer-chelsea-nkunku/

You could have paid the $1 a month for 12 months. It might have been easier.