Jonathan David

Vince193

5 minutes ago, frmr said:

Anywhere but United. That club is a fucking clown show at the moment. I'd be surprised if fans weren't trying to run Ten Hag out by Christmas.

When I was listening to them get embarrased by Brighton a couple weeks ago, the commentators were half-jokingly saying that they would be surprised if Ten Hag wasn't frantically looking for out-clauses in his contract. 

Edited by WestHamCanadianinOxford

18 minutes ago, WestHamCanadianinOxford said:

When I was listening to them get embarrased by Brighton a couple weeks ago, the commentators were half-jokingly saying that they would be surprised if Ten Hag wasn't frantically looking for out-clauses in his contract. 

That club is rotting from the inside out (or the top down). The Glazers are among the worst owners in the Premier League and their ownership model is setup to essentially siphon money out of the club while also ruling with an iron fist. It's essentially the worst ownership model in the Premier League, and spinning the manger carousel when managers don't have actual control over football operations isn't going to do shit. Ten Hag might signal the beginning of change but I doubt it.

Ajax were one of the clubs mentioned in David's 2nd season at Gent. The reason they did not bid for him was because they (I presume Ten Hag) viewed him as a false 9 or a player behind a striker. So unless Bruno Fernandes is moving out don't see this happening

6 minutes ago, Kadenge said:

Ajax were one of the clubs mentioned in David's 2nd season at Gent. The reason they did not bid for him was because they (I presume Ten Hag) viewed him as a false 9 or a player behind a striker. So unless Bruno Fernandes is moving out don't see this happening

I thought they said he was a 10 and that they didn’t need one, so they didn’t go for him. His position change and needs at united would suggest that there is still space for him if ETH was the one who made that decision two years ago.
Whether it would be a good decision for all sides is a different discussion. 

1 hour ago, Kadenge said:

I thought Bruno Fernandes was more of an AM than a false 9.    Or am I wrong? 

David would be good in a false 9 role.  Under Herdman, he plays that role and we have examples of:

1) That goal he scored in Honduras in WCQ

2) That ball interception and setup for the TB goal against Panama at BMO field.

3) He has good touches in the box, and is patient.  And use these skills to finish his chances.   See goal versus CRC in Edmonton

He plays well with the ball at his feet,  he is unselfish and can pass the ball,   he can drop back to support the MF and collect balls.  He is a false 9.

Edit.:  the only caveat there is that when i think of a false 9's,  I think of a forward who excels in one on one situations.   I am not sure I have seen that yet from him.

Edited by Free kick

2 minutes ago, dyslexic nam said:

Curious - do you get Formob notifications?  I am looking for the fastest notification system (for Topps Kick purposes) and you seem to get quick updates   

I check Lille's Twitter 

The Fotmob notifications annoy me

Edited by narduch

32 minutes ago, zeelaw said:

Where are the rumours of where he is moving too? Season is over and no international tournament this summer... Where's the rumour mill?

Almost anywhere in the top half of the Premier League if you believe the papers.  Spurs from the Sun, was the latest I have seen.  

Many grains of salts need be taken, of course.

Depending on what you read, David is already a lock for Man U, Tottenham, West Ham, Chelsea apparently wants to lock him down before his price goes up after the World Cup, I think maybe Juventus or AC Milan are apparently “very interested”, Lille is also interested in keeping him, I heard a rumour PSG might try and get him… there was even a report that Bayern might want to bring him in… I even heard that Real Madrid may want him now that they lost Mbappe… at this point, I think there are fewer top clubs that haven’t been linked to him than clubs that have been. Hell, we’ll probably hear that TFC is preparing an offer to make him the highest paid MLS player of all time.

7 minutes ago, baulderdash77 said:

I actually don’t want David to go to any team that’s not a Champions League team next year.  Manchester United being the exception from that.

Jonathan Davis has proven he can play at that level and I wouldn’t want him taking a step backwards.  

I don't know, Korn aren't the band they were in 2000.

I think before talk of any move there has to be some serious consideration to consistency and how future goal droughts are avoided.

You might get away with it at Lille in a off year or as part of a championship winning team but you’ll risk being nailed to the bench or run out of town in the prem if repeated.

9 minutes ago, ag futbol said:

I think before talk of any move there has to be some serious consideration to consistency and how future goal droughts are avoided.

You might get away with it at Lille in a off year or as part of a championship winning team but you’ll risk being nailed to the bench or run out of town in the prem if repeated.

Not playing for Lille will probably help.