Jonathan David

Vince193

5 hours ago, JFL19 said:

Bayern should sign David to replace Lewy so they can rename their team "Canada Munich"

Most will say he’s not ready for Bayern, but compared to other top forward targets, he may actually be one of the better fits for a Lewy-less Nagelsmann coached BM… he’s a pressing machine who connects well with other attacking threats.

David is at 19 goals in all competitions with 1 game left.  I’d really like to see him score in his next game to get to an even 20.

Regardless his time at Lille was a success but it’s run it’s course.  Lille need to rebuild and David needs to progress.  A transfer is in everyone’s best interest.

Selfishly I’d like to see him move to Bayern Munich.  Seeing David and Davies playing together would be amazing week in and week out.  

5 hours ago, baulderdash77 said:

David is at 19 goals in all competitions with 1 game left.  I’d really like to see him score in his next game to get to an even 20.

Regardless his time at Lille was a success but it’s run it’s course.  Lille need to rebuild and David needs to progress.  A transfer is in everyone’s best interest.

Selfishly I’d like to see him move to Bayern Munich.  Seeing David and Davies playing together would be amazing week in and week out.  

if the stats are right David has actually scored more goals this season over all competitions vs last year! Here's another... this season, he has scored more goals than  Victor Osimhen did at Lille before his big money transfer to Napoli. 

9 hours ago, Atlantic said:

They’ve already signed Karim Adeyemi for 33M 

Yeah but even so I'm sure they can still add David to that team and considering how young Dortmund are as a club but playing within that system, it actually would suit David especially if you add him too as well as Adeyemi being there

Interesting little piece

Timothy Weah : « Entre Jonathan David, Angel Gomes et moi, il y a une certaine connexion »

https://www.lepetitlillois.com/2022/05/16/timothy-weah-entre-jonathan-david-angel-gomes-et-moi-il-y-a-une-certaine-connexion/

Would be nice if there was a manager that let them express it a little more. 

This bit did give me a little chuckle. 

"Tous les trois bercés par la culture anglo-saxonne et américaine, l’entente est venue naturellement en début de saison quand l’Anglais a intégré l’effectif."

Just pictured them poring over Beowulf together. 

Edited by WestHamCanadianinOxford

Villa would be great - especially now that Coutinho is permanent. But... they have had issues getting the ball forward to Watkins and Ings most of the season... so unless they get some better mids and wingers, he will struggle there.

17 hours ago, The Real Marc said:

Can't see either West Ham or Villa paying that. 

I could see both easily playing that. When you look at how much Villa has been spending and West Ham bid £50 million on a striker in January and the last striker they bought two years ago was £45. But as a West Ham and Canadian supporter, I hope David doesn’t end up at West Ham. To me it looks like a square peg in a round hole.