Jonathan David

Vince193

16 hours ago, Cheeta said:

Hope his team makes a better researched decision this time.

While Lille was a bit defensive David actually excelled under Galtier. They won the league  and David was scoring consistently in the 2nd half including big goals vs PSG to win the title. Season 2 has been a problem for the entire team.  But I agree he needs to move to a team that plays attacking football.

5 minutes ago, Kadenge said:

While Lille was a bit defensive David actually excelled under Galtier. They won the league  and David was scoring consistently in the 2nd half including big goals vs PSG to win the title. Season 2 has been a problem for the entire team.  But I agree he needs to move to a team that plays attacking football.

Not only this but he needs to be on team which has a fluidity to its attack. David is very underrated with his short one-touch passing and his link up play. He has that ability to make runs so he can produce in a direct team but I would love to see him on a team where the attacking players can actually pass a ball and have some creative vision. He could really thrive if he was playing with players who actually suit his game.

1 hour ago, InglewoodJack said:

He should be getting out of dodge and if a club like AC Milan is interested, he should jump on that.

I'd like to see Arsenal, as he'd be joining up and developing with a young core, but AC Milan competes for trophies in a difficult Serie A, which they may potentially win this season, actually. 

He has plenty of time to play in the Prem. He's just 22 years old. 

1 hour ago, Obinna said:

He should be getting out of dodge and if a club like AC Milan is interested, he should jump on that.

I'd like to see Arsenal, as he'd be joining up and developing with a young core, but AC Milan competes for trophies in a difficult Serie A, which they may potentially win this season, actually. 

He has plenty of time to play in the Prem. He's just 22 years old. 

Yeah, exactly, even if he played out his entire Lille contract which expires in 2025 and then went to EPL he’d still only be 26 which is not old at all, so I’d be more than happy if he goes to Milan. I think it’s important that he plays for a good team that would give him a big role, and that he can constantly play in Europe, all of which Milan should do. If that’s a real opportunity, I hope he doesn’t think twice, unless like Arsenal or whoever is as serious about signing him as various rumours have implied. 

Milan rumour defo just something to drum up some attention, and less a legit interest. Buyers are falling off, he doesn't have the same pull he had in January and they need to get his stock up quick before the end of the season to get a deal. I honestly pray some team makes the somewhat foolish move to buy him at the 45m asking price to get him out of Lille. He will work out for them in the end but he just cant play in Lille another day. He is clearly checked out, teams checked out, they are no good, coach is a mess.

23 minutes ago, TGAA_Star said:

Because Inter we are a regular in Champions League football ️ in Italy in Serie A and also he would be surrounded with talent at Inter and he would be playing on a contender every season for the Coppa Italia Scudetto

So is AC Milan, Juventus and Napoli to an extent?  By this logic a good fit would be any top team in Europe that challenges for titles would be a good fit for David.

Rumours still there, seem mostly to originate from below.  No idea how reliable.

https://www.butfootballclub.fr/losc/mercato/losc-info-but-la-verite-dans-le-dossier-jonathan-david-773065

"Du côté de la Premier League, West Ham et Aston Villa sont notamment susceptibles d’arriver avec un gros chèque, même si Jonathan David semble également dans l’attente d’une formation plus huppée (l’AC Milan ?)."

Basically others have been scared off by the combination of the €50m price-tag and his poor second half.