Jonathan David

Vince193

6 minutes ago, frmr said:

Lille still not showing anything offensively with David on the bench. Shocking. It's almost as if it's a problem with the system.

I’m not surprised they’ve tried to make a change - they had to do something.

Weah up top isn’t the answer though obviously and doesn’t change the fundamental change creation problems they have.

1 minute ago, Floortom said:

I’m not surprised they’ve tried to make a change - they had to do something.

Weah up top isn’t the answer though obviously and doesn’t change the fundamental change creation problems they have.

Exacly, it's not a finishing problem, they can't create chances. Even when David was scoring he was hugely outperforming his xG.

I'm not super familiar with how the transfer market works, but are there examples of players in David's position where they had a lights out amazing season, stayed with their club the next year, major slump which is tied with his team being pretty bad, and yet still gets a big transfer to a major team? Assuming David's transfer price suffers as a result of this season, it would seem to me that if I'm Lille, I keep David, hope he has a better season next year and ups his price. And if not, they'll simply have him through his prime, and will sell big on the next johnathan david that they sign before his prime.

11 minutes ago, Obinna said:

More realistic eh? That's interesting. Are they expecting him to go elsewhere, perhaps?

Ya, wasn’t sure the angle on that.  Transfermarkt has DCL about $10 M less than David, but with the ‘English Tax’ put on English player transfers in the Prem, I wouldn’t be surprised if DCL would cost more.

On 4/22/2022 at 6:17 PM, frmr said:

Still links to Arsenal, thankfully. At this point, I would rip your arm off to get David to North London.

Just watched a fragment of Arsenal-M United yesterday, and the commentators were saying that sure, if Gabriel Jesus were to be signed by the Gunners they'd still need another goal scorer--then listed off a few rumours, including our guy. Insisted that G Jesus was not really a goal scorer. 

So I laughed with the four he put in yesterday shortly afterwards. 

In any case, sometimes single performances don't change arguments, nor months of performance, so David may still be the real scorer and GJ a complement.