Jonathan David

Vince193

5 hours ago, Infernal said:

Look who liked it >.>

jodavid.PNG

Barça are reportedly in talks with Lewandowski, as are other teams. He is on a relatively low salary at Bayern, and may be feeling he'd like to try something else. 

Last night was a match that could have been a turning point. He was very frustrated, and well matched by Albiol who's a vet like he is, so much that he drew blood on one late tackle. If you watch that play, the ref pulled out a yellow very late, it seemed he did so as if he hadn't, VAR would have obliged him to go check for red. 

Then he did exactly the same thing a few minutes later and they forgave him for it. Bayern should have been playing with 10 men most of that match. Looks like Lewandowski just might be ready for a change.

9 hours ago, frmr said:

After seeing Aubameyang get back to scoring ways after leaving Arsenal and seeing Lacazette completely dry up there, I'm no longer so sure David should go there. It seems to be a bit of a striker graveyard with little in the way of chance creation. We know how David does without proper service and I don't know if Arteta really has a system that he would thrive in. I can't see him going to Liverpool now that he's fallen off the pace a bit. I'm not sure where he'll end up at this point but I really hope he and Lille can finish the season strong so he has options in the summer.

Yeah but David is obviously younger than Aubamayeng and Lacazette. But in an Arteta system why I could see David thrive is because we have a young team and David in terms of service at Lille compared to service of which he could get if he were to join us, it is really no comparison. He would get better service because Arsenal have a more superior midfield compared to that of Lille. But also if you plug him into our offense, I guarantee you he scores more goals for us than he has at Lille.

14 hours ago, Shway said:

Imma need Davies to push higher up man. The young boy is ready to play his position now. He’s better than Coman. 

Not sure about that... ...Coman has been Bayern's best winger for a while now (when he's not injured) - as in, better than Sane and Gnabry (who are no slouches themselves).  He might be the best 1 v 1 dribbler I've ever seen - he can take on virtually anyone from a 1 v 1 standstill and beat them.  Like prime Messi or Ronaldo - he's that quick.  He also is excellent with both feet (something Davies doesn't have).

Davies does have some physical advantages (overall pace and much stronger), but I'm not quite ready to say he's a better winger than Coman.  He's a better wingback though.  And given Nagelsmann's preference for 3 at the back with wingbacks, that may well be where he ends up starting (over Coman).

9 hours ago, GasPed said:

Not sure about that... ...Coman has been Bayern's best winger for a while now (when he's not injured) - as in, better than Sane and Gnabry (who are no slouches themselves).  He might be the best 1 v 1 dribbler I've ever seen - he can take on virtually anyone from a 1 v 1 standstill and beat them.  Like prime Messi or Ronaldo - he's that quick.  He also is excellent with both feet (something Davies doesn't have).

Sane is a broken faucet,  might get cold or you might get hot - wicked left foot though.
I might sound like a homer, but that line you just said is exactly Davies. He did it against Barcelona. Sent Semedo to Wolves

9 hours ago, GasPed said:

Davies does have some physical advantages (overall pace and much stronger), but I'm not quite ready to say he's a better winger than Coman.  He's a better wingback though.  And given Nagelsmann's preference for 3 at the back with wingbacks, that may well be where he ends up starting (over Coman).

Coman is definitely a better finisher than Davies, but that's been through time. I just want to see Davies in an advanced role to better his finishing.

Edited by Shway

3 hours ago, Shway said:

Coman is definitely a better finisher than Davies, but that's been through time. I just want to Davies in an advanced role to better his finishing.

This is what's keeping Davies at LWB. His finishing is not where it needs to be for a winger/forward at Bayern or similar level team. Unless Bayern move one of Coman, Sane or Gnabry. What they don't have is a replacement for Davies at LWB. iirc he asked Herdman to play him further upfield and that's why we have seen him as a winger or more of an attacker for Canada. I'm not sure he has the same influence (as yet) at Bayern. There are a lot of vets at Bayern and Davies, accordingly, is not as assertive for his club vs Canada

4 hours ago, Shway said:

Sane is a broken faucet,  might get cold or your might get hot - wicked left foot thought.
I might sound like a homer, but that line you just said is exactly Davies. He did it against Barcelona. Sent Semedo to Wolves

Coman is definitely a better finisher than Davies, but that's been through time. I just want to Davies in an advanced role to better his finishing.

I haven't watched Bayern much lately, but I have seen Coman waste his fair share of chances in the past. Gnabry is a far better finisher by comparison. 

Unless he's become far more proficient lately I am not convinced Davies' finishing is any worse than Coman's. Maybe that's ignorant on my part, however. 

7 hours ago, Shway said:

I think we're both homers, so I totally agree that Davies is a great dribbler, and especially at pace he is terrifying.  But Coman is exceptional, particularly 1 v 1 at a standstill.  One difference is Coman is equally adept going either way (right or left), and can bang a shot or a cross with his right or his left foot.  While Davies can leave defenders for dead going to his left (as he did with poor Semedo), Coman can do it in either direction on either wing.  He is just exceptionally talented at it.

One thing he's not particularly good at though is winning duels/challenges - he's easily muscled out, and Davies is far superior there.  So that's why Davies is the clear choice as a wingback.  But winger... ...it's a much closer call... 

2 minutes ago, Sal333 said:

Same time as the Mtl-Van game. Weighing the pros and cons: watch an already superstar whose direction is known or watch 6-10 young Cnadian players try to establish themselves?

Oof.   Didn’t realize the conflict.   

And then the Raps play.  Looks like the couch is getting a serious workout today.   

17 hours ago, grigorio said:

Can’t help but feel David and Larin both missed their real key windows at exciting transfers chasing Champion’s League glory on under-equipped teams. Hopefully sticking around and struggling hasn’t closed any windows for David that were previously open. 

Have to wonder if this dry spell will hurt his move out now

49 minutes ago, narduch said:

Have to wonder if this dry spell will hurt his move out now

I worry about this too - that suitors will be lowering their bids, and that Lille will not sell at a reduced price (having envisioned a windfall this summer)… they could then hope for a hot start to next season and good World Cup showing.

On 4/16/2022 at 1:36 PM, grigorio said:

Can’t help but feel David and Larin both missed their real key windows at exciting transfers chasing Champion’s League glory on under-equipped teams. Hopefully sticking around and struggling hasn’t closed any windows for David that were previously open. 

I'm going to put on my rose coloured glasses and suggest maybe David's dry spell isn't such a bad thing if we're looking towards that future.  It isn't going to help him get into the some of the monied clubs that were mentioned, just yet, but maybe that's a good thing.  

16 minutes ago, Cheeta said:

I'm going to put on my rose coloured glasses and suggest maybe David's dry spell isn't such a bad thing if we're looking towards that future.  It isn't going to help him get into the some of the monied clubs that were mentioned, just yet, but maybe that's a good thing.  

I love JD but I don’t think he is ready for that big stage quite yet.   While I wish he wasn’t at Lille given their restrictive playing style, he is better off there than riding the pine at some mega club and fighting for scrap sub appearances in the build up to Qatar. 

I think these teams will be pretty aware that Gourvennec is not getting the best out of him, or anyone else at Lille for that matter. I doubt he'll have lost much interest. Maybe from top, top clubs like Liverpool, but it's looking like Arsenal might not even make Europa league now, they're not exactly going to be attracting the top tier of strikers. I think he will still have many suitors in the summer, including some big ones.

The manager has completely destroyed the team. Now I didn't agree with Gaultier's choices or tactics when he was here but you have to admit that they were playing much better than they are now... No Yazici or Yilmaz even on the bench... David not starting... yikes. I don't think the new manager will be part of the team next year...

35 minutes ago, hodgkiss said:

The manager has completely destroyed the team. Now I didn't agree with Gaultier's choices or tactics when he was here but you have to admit that they were playing much better than they are now... No Yazici or Yilmaz even on the bench... David not starting... yikes. I don't think the new manager will be part of the team next year...

Yazici is no longer at Lille, he plays in Russia for CSKA Moscow

Ylimaz is suspended for today’s match.