Jonathan David

Vince193

3 minutes ago, Craig11rm said:

Burak has been really bad… has he completed a pass?

he really has nothing left..the drop off from last year has been significant. 

They need to play Ben Arfa a bit more. it's kind of sad that they're so dependent on him but they really have no one else that can do what he does

2 hours ago, narduch said:

With Lille's match v Chelsea tomorrow David is getting press in the UK.

Two observations I made concerning that tweet.

1) I thought it was Davies that took Canada to the brink of WC. Is it possible we have more than one world class player?

2) Compares himself to Roberto Firmino......uhmmm maybe I was right. David can play as a 9 OR a 10.

9 hours ago, frmr said:

Can't wait for this. The biggest stage of his career so far.

Club career.  

How many times has that phrase been attached to the man over his short life?  And it be appropriate?  A lot.

You do get the feeling he's being viewed through a different lens these days.  That's what happens when you deliver. 

3 hours ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

Round of 16 in CL, not qualifying for a World Cup? Not beating PSG in Paris to win a league? 

I'll watch, and agree if he does anything special it'll raise his profile. 

I think it’s certainly the most eyes he’ll have him him. Not sure how much the world watched Lille vs PSG, or Canada vs USA. This could really move his career forward if he has a good showing (though it appears he’ll be moving to a big club either way, likely).

Jonny’s name is trending in footy Twitter. I suppose that’s what you get when you’re the only name on the squad that outlets know will get clicks. 
Nevertheless, starting to get really excited. Seeing the titles of “Can Jonathan David slay the dragon” or “Will Jonathan David be the difference tonight at the Bridge” really drives home the fact that this is Canadian soccer now. The fact that THOSE are the headlines coming out of London, Chelsea for heavens sakes, is extremely telling of where this program and the footy culture in Canada is heading. 

Tons of scouts at tonight’s game as well. If he puts in a solid performance against one of the best, he’ll definitely turn some of those big name rumours into real offers coming his way in the summer. 

Win or loss, lots to look forward to tonight 

Lille have been pretty bad this year in Ligue 1, but they seemed to have upped their game in the Champions League group stage. Hopefully that trend continues.

I know this game is big but those 2 high-light reel goals from the last window have also helped raise his profile. So has Canada's new found stature.

1 hour ago, dyslexic nam said:

Damn I hope Lille doesn’t shit the bed.   It would be pretty anti-climactic if JD doesn’t have a chance to truly get into the game because Lille are Lolle.  

😄How long were you waiting to post this gem? 😄