Jonathan David

Vince193

1 minute ago, EJsens1 said:

Yilmaz must be so frustrating to play with, on top of the “guy you see at a bar who you want to punch in the face for no reason” look to him 

I played with a guy that reminded me of Yilmaz: he had some skill but had no idea how to play with anyone else.  He was always demanding the ball (regardless of the situation) and was the first to lecture you on what went wrong.  I remember scoring and he ran over to tell me that he was open.  Even though he was skillful, we got rid of him because we were a better team without him.

Yilmaz could get away with it last season because he was playing lights out.  He seems totally different this year.

Good match by Brest, not so good by Lille.  Brest superior in the middle most of the match and Lille just couldn't connect what support was offered when they tried to go forward.  Didn't think enough support was offered often enough as well.

Couple of great saves to keep the clean sheet.  Very nice.

Lille's shape can break down at times can't it?  

Thought David played all right, have to say in matches like these he has to be frustrated.  David will do "A David" and pinch a goal, nearly did there, and everyone is happier the other 89 minutes be damned but still, this will be one of those matches he's going to leave behind him when he quites France.

I stand corrected, Yilmaz going at his own bench at the sub.  Or at least in the direction of his own bench.  Yikes.  Sort of puts a bow on a match that saw Lille get a half dozen cards for mouthing off at the ref and worse, each other.  What would Herdman say?

2 hours ago, Cheeta said:

Thought David played all right, have to say in matches like these he has to be frustrated.  David will do "A David" and pinch a goal, nearly did there,

I didn't see the match but I checked the game summary but what i take away is that he didn't score and that he is now tied for top goal scorer in the league and some big name(s) are right behind him with games in hand.     In the transfer market, having a "top scorer in France" billing surely must be much more attractive than 5th, 6th or 7th.   

Circling back to something I mentioned a few weeks back, this is why speculating on Arsenal versus RM versus Liverpool vs Inter Milan  etc.. is really premature at this time.  You can bank that he will end up at a better club,  but how much better (a club) is the big question.  

Edited by Free kick

2 hours ago, Free kick said:

I didn't see the match but I checked the game summary but what i take away is that he didn't score and that he is now tied for top goal scorer in the league and some big name(s) are right behind him with games in hand.     In the transfer market, having a "top scorer in France" billing surely must be much more attractive than 5th, 6th or 7th.   

Circling back to something I mentioned a few weeks back, this is why speculating on Arsenal versus RM versus Liverpool vs Inter Milan  etc.. is really premature at this time.  You can bank that he will end up at a better club,  but how much better (a club) is the big question.  

It’s really not though, those clubs will have been scouting David for years and their analysis of whether he is a target will go far beyond whether he wins a golden boot or not. It’s a nice accolade to have for sure but it’s not going to make or break a transfer that will have years of analysis behind it. Some of the links with those top clubs have come from tier 1 sources, so you can guarantee he is being scouted by top clubs, and unless his season completely implodes, he will have a whole host of suitors this summer, golden boot or not.

On 1/25/2022 at 1:02 AM, frmr said:

Vlahovic to Juventus is done. David now is now very possibly Arsenal's top target.

He'd fit in best at Arsenal in my opinion. Young squad with high talent, English speaking, lacking a good striker (Sorry laca and auba) but he's better then them. Arsenal are probably looking at Isak as well. But David's better then Isak. Who knows maybe Isak is willing to move in january so Arsenal is pushing for him.