Jonathan David

Vince193

7 minutes ago, Gian-Luca said:

Lille turned down Newcastle’s 40M bid for Botman apparently insisting on a ridiculous 70M. I think they’re going to keep their key guys for Champions League and to hopefully make a league push for Europe and then do big sale in summer.

1 minute ago, lamptern said:

A very characteristic referee made Lille a 10 man team around 30th mins.

He simply not happy about anyone who wants to influence his judgement.

The first yellow may have been soft, but once you have it you know you can’t be sliding all over the place and wiping people out like that.  Andres was dumb.  

1 minute ago, dyslexic nam said:

The first yellow may have been soft, but once you have it you know you can’t be sliding all over the place and wiping people out like that.  Andres was dumb.  

Yup.  Andre with 2 consecutive bad tackles within seconds just outside the box. 

15 minutes ago, lamptern said:

A very characteristic referee made Lille a 10 man team around 30th mins.

He simply not happy about anyone who wants to influence his judgement.

I saw the foul on the second yellow.   One could argue it was a bit harsh but i am not totally surprised by the yellow.

Edited by Free kick

Reading the game is one part of football IQ. Reading the Ref is another one. It's about the  player to adapt the ref, not vice versa.

If Andre was a good reader after seeing the ref gave a yellow to the long hair Marsell player just for a gesture of complain, and a verbal warning to Marsell coach just for a gesture on the right  of a throw in, he would have never tried to do the same thing before he get his first yellow card.

Edited by lamptern

Even as a Madridista I think a Barcelona move would be great for him as he's walk into the starting lineup. I'd love him at Madrid too, but I think he'd be behind Benz and Ancelotti does not like to rotate too much. Not crazy about a Premier league move.