Jonathan David

Vince193

1 hour ago, narduch said:

Big game against Wolfsburg today in Champions League at 3pm ET

I think as long as they don't lose by 2 or more they make the knock out stage.

Screenshot_20211208-080019_FotMob.jpg

The first tie breaker is head to head so Wolfsburg passes Lille with a win. And of course if there is a winner in the other match they would pass them as well.

So the only way they can go through with a loss is if the other match is a draw.

EDIT: They cannot go through with a loss at all since there is no longer the away goals tie-breaker for head to head with Salzburg. If they lose and Salzburg draws then Salzburg has the tie breaker. They need at least a draw to advance. They are however guaranteed a spot in Europa League.

Edited by CanadaFan123

Great little mini-doc on David and his Ottawa roots.

Only 6½ minutes long.

@BuzzAndSting , Gloucester Hornets are featured.

* Little rant about the bloody French host right at the end and his unwillingness to hear beyond the "cute" accent. The French generally have no idea what the difference between a Québécois and a Franco-Ontarien is.

Edited by Olympique_de_Marseille

This is going to be a very important game for David. His price has been set, now clubs know roughly what they'll need to pay for him and will be watching this game to judge his value. It's a deciding match and so people will be tuning in to this group as there is a lot at stake. In terms of Lille, this is massive as well to make the knockouts, get a payday, and accomplish something that I don't think they've ever done (?).

He's been a big game player so far, let's see if he can rise to the occasion!

You have to say that after all the shit he took, Gourvennec has Lille doing pretty well.  Advancing to the knockout round in CL. In League play it’s a congested table but they’re only 3 points out of the fifth spot and 5 points out of the three spot. All that to say - unless they get absolutely bowled over with an offer for David I don’t see him leaving until the summer.

that was one of the best matches Ikone has played in the last few years. MOTM for me 

Gomes is a guy that always looks useful to me - surprised he doesn’t play more.

Edited by Floortom