Jonathan David

Vince193

4 hours ago, TGAA_Star said:

Why Liverpool? Because with them he will never get playing time should he go there and he will always be in the shadow of Salah and Mane

Possibly.  And if he goes to PSG he could be in the shadow of Messi and Neymar.  That's the risk of going to the biggest clubs - there are superstars there that may outshine you.  On the flipside though, you could shine just as bright or maybe even outshine them, and if you do...

Lille will get lowballed because other clubs know they’re not in good shape financially. They may need to sell off someone else first just to get some leverage back.

“We just sold Ikone. We don’t need the money from David to keep the lights on anymore.”

Obviously, the same lowballing also applies to Ikone or whoever else, but if it lets them play hardball with David it may be worth it overall.

Just now, TGAA_Star said:

No not just that but because if he goes to Liverpool, he wouldn't even get to play or he would barely play any games and who wants to put themselves through that?

He would be in rotation with the other four attackers. Liverpool plays a lot of games. Not to mention if anyone gets injured.

19 minutes ago, GasPed said:

Possibly.  And if he goes to PSG he could be in the shadow of Messi and Neymar.  That's the risk of going to the biggest clubs - there are superstars there that may outshine you.  On the flipside though, you could shine just as bright or maybe even outshine them, and if you do...

That's true but then again which is why it makes more sense for him to be at the other clubs that I mentioned like Arsenal, Everton, Inter or AC Milan

3 minutes ago, TGAA_Star said:

Yeah but he would be a better fit on a younger team like think Arsenal

Arsenal seem to be on the rise, I wouldn't hate that move. It seems like he would personally prefer Arsenal over Liverpool. If I were him, I would jump at the chance to play under Klopp. Klopp would turn David into one of the best strikers on the planet.

1 hour ago, TGAA_Star said:

Okay even so would David even be a good fit playing alongside those guys?

He would be a great fit. When he was at Gent he played a similar role to what Firmino does at Liverpool. That’s why Liverpool are interested. as for your suggestion of Everton, they have made so many bad signings recently that this season, they could only pick up some guys on free transfers.

Liverpool are contenders in England and the Champions League.

Everton and Arsenal are not close to that level.

He would get time at pool of course and as much as we rate him and his potential, it seems like unnecessary spend by Liverpool when things are going so well with the attackers they have now. Like I'm not convinced, having seen a ton of Liverpool and obviously David, that he's better than Jota or Mane. I don't see why Liverpool would upset the good thing they have going trying to shoehorn him in for that huge price tag. If it were Man City, yeah, they can afford to spend that much money on a player and decide they don't want to use him so much.

39 minutes ago, Lansdude said:

He would get time at pool of course and as much as we rate him and his potential, it seems like unnecessary spend by Liverpool when things are going so well with the attackers they have now. Like I'm not convinced, having seen a ton of Liverpool and obviously David, that he's better than Jota or Mane. I don't see why Liverpool would upset the good thing they have going trying to shoehorn him in for that huge price tag. If it were Man City, yeah, they can afford to spend that much money on a player and decide they don't want to use him so much.

I don’t think it would upset things.  They would get a hungry young player into the squad who fits their system and who would put pressure on their current guys.  Plus it lets you integrate a guy who has adapted to every level he has played at so far.  

Guys, 

Have some faith in our boy. This isn't a "Peters please go to ipswich instead of a bigger club" situation. David is one of the best young strikers in the world and has scored at every level/team he's been at. He's been linked to Inter, Liverpool, Milan, etc for good reason.

I think we can leave the "he won't get a chance/isn't good enough" narrative at the door. David could go to Real Mardrid, City, Bayern, etc and be successful IMO.

Shoot for the stars!

Edited by Bertuzzi44

If David went to Liverpool, sure it would rival Alphonso Davies' move to Bayern Munich because of the fact that no Canadian has played for an elite, world class club in the Premier League especially one to the magnitude of Liverpool.

But honestly if he went to Real Madrid, same thing. 

But honestly my club of Inter Milan makes the most sense especially since Lautaro Martinez is set to leave us this summer

1 hour ago, Lansdude said:

Salah, Mane and Firmno are 29, 29 and 30, respectively. Now is the time to get in and start learning the system for when those three start to decline in the coming years.

7 minutes ago, VinceA said:

Based on how star signings end up turning out at Arsenal and the vitriol from that fan base that follows, I have no interest in seeing David go there.

Do they even play with two strikers?

They have played with Aubameyang and Lacazette as two upfront a handful of times so far. David also played for Gent where  Odegarrd has been in some games. 

Any top team will have pieces somewhat in place that he will have to replace. Both of those strikers are older and have slowed lately, so mid/long term he will have a great chance at a place.

I would rather it not happen this year (or ever really) because they are one of the teams West Ham need to stay above.  But that said, trying to but just a fan of his, there are a lot worse places he could go. 

(Just because Arsenal were one of the first to make an internet thing of it, they are not the only only fanbase to give poor or even slow-starting signings a whole lot of stick.  Especially those who have had sucess in the recent past.)