Jonathan David

Vince193

3 hours ago, Hawkguy said:

If Lille goes through in Champions League, David is going nowhere.

LOL.  Funny, I hold the exact opposite opinion.  If Lille go through, they won't be able to hold onto the man.

Now if you mean during the January window, absolutely but then I don't think he's going anywhere regardless until next campaign.   

46 minutes ago, Cheeta said:

LOL.  Funny, I hold the exact opposite opinion.  If Lille go through, they won't be able to hold onto the man.

Now if you mean during the January window, absolutely but then I don't think he's going anywhere regardless until next campaign.   

???? Of course I meant the January window lol 

Champions League isn't going to extend into next year and they likely won't be in it anyway

KJ had a good point the other day:

He'll go for more in the Summer transfer window and he'll have a full pre-season under his belt at the new club.

If he moves in the Winter it's for less money and it's theoretically more difficult to get immersed in the new set up. 

Considering the struggles he had to start his Lille career, I can see him waiting on those grounds alone. 

5 hours ago, Obinna said:

He'll go for more in the Summer transfer window and he'll have a full pre-season under his belt at the new club.

If he moves in the Winter it's for less money and it's theoretically more difficult to get immersed in the new set up. 

Considering the struggles he had to start his Lille career, I can see him waiting on those grounds alone. 

Very good point and if David leaves summer of 2022, list of potential clubs that he could be a good fit

Real Madrid 

Inter Milan 

AC Milan

Liverpool

Everton

Arsenal

6 hours ago, Obinna said:

Obviously if the money offer is outrageous, you'd consider it. 

The most important factor, however, is if Lille qualify for Champions knock out rounds. They can't sell David at the cusp of a visit from a major side in CL in February.

2 hours ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

The most important factor, however, is if Lille qualify for Champions knock out rounds. They can't sell David at the cusp of a visit from a major side in CL in February.

If Lille qualify for Champions League knock out rounds, then David could possibly stay at the club but I think he leaves regardless.

2 hours ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

They may also need him to help fight off relegation the way their season is going. Only 5 up from the drop at this point

15 hours ago, dyslexic nam said:

How did he play?  Had to chauffeur the kidlets. 

Interestingly they played in a 4-3-3 with David the lone striker. Could this be to help other teams evaluate how he'd be in their formations? I thought he did better than usual holding up the ball, though he was showing to be more of a sprint behind the D or drop as a false 9 striker (of course) rather than a target man kind of striker - and I think he showed well. A few times he made good runs without a pass that made me imagine scouts laughing about how their better teams would have got him the ball.. while texting their bosses to up their offers! 😁

Edited by saintjoes

2 minutes ago, maccaliam said:

Just read this today: Fiorentina are reportedly closing on the signing of Lille winger Jonathan Ikone in a €15m deal. (Sky Italia)

If they have to sell due to finances, a move like this may help Lille feel they can hold out for longer and for more money for David. 

They might also get a player in return. That is what Inter was offering.