Jonathan David

Vince193

14 hours ago, frmr said:

I wouldn't hate Inter.

David playing at Inter would be even bigger for our men's program showing that if Davies could end up at Bayern and then David at Inter, that it will inspire more Canadians to not just play for our program but it would inspire them to work towards playing for the biggest clubs in the world.

Intrusive thought for the day: 

Jonathan David starts for Dortmund against Bayern in the last game before the World Cup break. 90th minute, 1-1. David in alone on a breakaway. Alphonso Davies comes charging in from behind but completely misjudges his challenge. Both are stretchered off. Canadian fans commit seppuku.

—————

In real life, this “Ligue 1 expert” thinks David sells for $75-80M.

50 minutes ago, footballfreak said:

Intrusive thought for the day: 

Jonathan David starts for Dortmund against Bayern in the last game before the World Cup break. 90th minute, 1-1. David in alone on a breakaway. Alphonso Davies comes charging in from behind but completely misjudges his challenge. Both are stretchered off. Canadian fans commit seppuku.

—————

In real life, this “Ligue 1 expert” thinks David sells for $75-80M.

Don't even joke about that!

37 minutes ago, apbsmith said:

Unless a HUGE offer comes knocking this window, I agree, summer seems the most likely scenario. 

I love how David is taking the PK's now. Helps him take a run at the Ligue 1 scoring title and helps Canada when we finally get rewarded a PK.

I had a little browse on an Inter forum and everyone is saying they don't know how they would afford David without selling a another big player like Lautaro.

1 minute ago, VinceA said:

One thing I will say in regards to David as a player, he does need to learn at some point how to work as a lone 9, Most teams run that system and if he can't be at least serviceable there its gonna limit where he can play.

That is the crazy thing - I think he still has a fair bit of work to do to reach his potential.  He needs to get faster and stronger on the ball.  And I think he needs to get better at beating a defender one on one.  

Yet despite those parts of his game that (IMO) need work, he still manages to score a buttload of goals in a very respectable league.  He validates this by scoring goals internationally and in the Champions League.  He has a knack for scoring goals that can’t be taught.   If he manages to improve on those other areas, he will be a monster.   And at 21 he has oodles of time to improve.