Jonathan David

Vince193

That article states Gent rejected a bid in January of over £20 million. 

So it seems that whatever club David moves to will have to be able to afford probably something in the £25-£30 million range. That isn't too many "small" clubs, or even medium sized clubs. I mean, would a club like Lyon even do that? 

Edit: Lyon's highest ever transfer fee paid as £27.5.

Edited by Bertuzzi44

"It’s wonderful that we have a top scorer in David, but most of all, we want to keep him. In any case, we won’t let such a player leave for €25m." -Gent's director of football Michel Louwagie 

When Gent says that, they must be confident he is going for much higher. We can start ruling out a bunch of teams as many of you have eluded to.

Ajax set the incoming Eredivisie transfer record when they signed Blind for Man U at €16.5

Benfica set the Liga NOS incoming transfer record when they signed Raul Jimenez for €22

According to transfermarkt the only teams that have spent in this range in Ligue 1 are PSG, Monaco, Marseille. In the Bundesliga, Bayern, Dortmund, Wolfsburg, and RB Leipzig have spent over €25m in the past.

Edited by bwilly11

1 minute ago, bwilly11 said:

"It’s wonderful that we have a top scorer in David, but most of all, we want to keep him. In any case, we won’t let such a player leave for €25m." -Gent's director of football Michel Louwagie 

When Gent says that, they must be confident he is going for much higher. We can start ruling out a bunch of teams as many of you have eluded to. Ajax set the incoming Dutch transfer record when they signed Blind for Man U at 16.5

I 100% agree. We're getting to the point where we can not only start ruling out certain teams we can start ruling out certain leagues as well.

2 hours ago, Bertuzzi44 said:

That article states Gent rejected a bid in January of over £20 million. 

So it seems that whatever club David moves to will have to be able to afford probably something in the £25-£30 million range. That isn't too many "small" clubs, or even medium sized clubs. I mean, would a club like Lyon even do that? 

Edit: Lyon's highest ever transfer fee paid as £27.5.

I hope the agent stands firm because there are 4 teams in the lower half of the Premier League that have spend £30mill or more on a player (and only 3 that haven't spend more than £20 mill.)

I was looking at his agents, Axia, who are two young Greek (Greek-Canadians) in Montreal I believe. They have Larin, Borges, Shome and Laryea; in terms of transfers, the Belgium connection is strong-ish. They have mostly Canadians and a few Greeks, work with MLS and CPL.

I am not sure if they were involved from the start with extricating Larin from MLS, which was a complex move that suggests they have some savvy.

They have never done a huge transfer of the kind we are talking about.

Any move they do with David will basically be breakout for them in terms of commissions. 

1 hour ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

I was looking at his agents, Axia, who are two young Greek (Greek-Canadians) in Montreal I believe. They have Larin, Borges, Shome and Laryea; in terms of transfers, the Belgium connection is strong-ish. They have mostly Canadians and a few Greeks, work with MLS and CPL.

I am not sure if they were involved from the start with extricating Larin from MLS, which was a complex move that suggests they have some savvy.

They have never done a huge transfer of the kind we are talking about.

Any move they do with David will basically be breakout for them in terms of commissions. 

Pretty sure that Larin was with them before he signed MLS. IIRC, Larin was close to signing in Belgium before MLS beefed up their offer.

24 minutes ago, Stryker911 said:

The top 10 most viewed players on transfermarkt are:

1) Gnabry

2) Davies

3) Haaland

4) Messi

5) Ronaldo

6) Braithwaite

7) Lewandoski 

8. David

9) Mertens

10) Alexander-Arnold

Chills - two Canadians in the top 10.  Not sure how that makes me feel.  Having one on the list would be insane, ridiculous and exciting.  Having two on there is just weird and uncomfortable.  Who are we?  What have we become?

2 hours ago, Stryker911 said:

The top 10 most viewed players on transfermarkt are:

1) Gnabry

2) Davies

3) Haaland

4) Messi

5) Ronaldo

6) Braithwaite

7) Lewandoski 

8. David

9) Mertens

10) Alexander-Arnold

I was checking them out on sofifa.com (site lists player ratings and tracks their updates in the FIFA video game). Davies FIFA profile was #1 most viewed and I think David's was #3 yesterday. So the FIFA gamer fanatics are paying attention as well.