Jonathan David

Vince193

20 minutes ago, Obinna said:

If David scored more Copa goals this would be case closed, but since he didn't it opens the door for Pulisic. Serie A and Milan are bigger than Ligue 1 and Lille. The numbers Pulisic put up as a winger are arguably as impressive David's numbers as a 9. That's what concerns me for David's case. 

Maybe a strong November will tip the scale for him.....

don't disagree with the bolded part but only 2 players scored more goals at Copa. Lautaro with 5 and Rondon with 3 vs David at 2.  He was tied with players like Luis Diaz, Darwin Nunez, Alvarez, Vini Jnr, Araujo etc. That's some high level company and he did that playing in a more withdrawn position. He scored 50% of the 4 goals by Canada at Copa. I think that's pretty impressive.

14 minutes ago, Kadenge said:

don't disagree with the bolded part but only 2 players scored more goals at Copa. Lautaro with 5 and Rondon with 3 vs David at 2.  He was tied with players like Luis Diaz, Darwin Nunez, Alvarez, Vini Jnr, Araujo etc. That's some high level company and he did that playing in a more withdrawn position. He scored 50% of the 4 goals by Canada at Copa. I think that's pretty impressive.

Me too. I just think a statement was required. Being the lead scorer of Copa America would have been the statement to push him clear of Pulisic given how close they are otherwise (as I laid out). Being tied with those other players is impressive for a Canadian, but one could ignore the passport and consider it the minimum expectation for a player like him at a tournament like this. 

David is competing with the best scorers in the world in 2024. With Mbappe. With Kane. With Haaland. With Vinicius Jr. With Lewandowski. With Gyökeres. With Palmer. With Sørloth. With etc.

Copa America 2024 semi-finalist.

Qualified to the Champions League 2024 and scoring against the best European teams in the world.

That's enough to me!