Jonathan David

Vince193

29 minutes ago, InglewoodJack said:

They might have to start selling seats for scrap metal to afford his agent’s fees alone

We already had the seat sale last year, when they started the reno on Camp Nou.

We used to have the second highest average in Europe after Dortmund. 

I live walking distance to the Olympic stadium but most club members like me took a pass for most of the year, a stadium with a track is a lousy venue. We probably lost most of the points to lose the league because of that factor.

Barça signing is dire, depressing, illogical, but they're talking about making a statement signing to pretend/prove/remonstrate otherwise. And David at 25 million with lower salary expectations than say Gundogan, could just do. But not for any intelligently reasoned football logic.

Edited by Unnamed Trialist

17 hours ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

We already had the seat sale last year, when they started the reno on Camp Nou.

We used to have the second highest average in Europe after Dortmund. 

I live walking distance to the Olympic stadium but most club members like me took a pass for most of the year, a stadium with a track is a lousy venue. We probably lost most of the points to lose the league because of that factor.

Barça signing is dire, depressing, illogical, but they're talking about making a statement signing to pretend/prove/remonstrate otherwise. And David at 25 million with lower salary expectations than say Gundogan, could just do. But not for any intelligently reasoned football logic.

I mentioned that because I read something along the lines of Barca cannot register Olmo, even despite Gundogan’s departure due to some financial issue. I swear, I’ve read so much about what exactly is going on with their finances, but I can’t for the life of me understand how things have gotten so dire for one of the most valuable sporting organizations on the planet.

4 minutes ago, InglewoodJack said:

I mentioned that because I read something along the lines of Barca cannot register Olmo, even despite Gundogan’s departure due to some financial issue. I swear, I’ve read so much about what exactly is going on with their finances, but I can’t for the life of me understand how things have gotten so dire for one of the most valuable sporting organizations on the planet.

Never underestimate the ineffectiveness of chicanery!

Not sure if this was posted already and I'm unsure about the credibility ("Jonathan Davies" surely doesn't help), but the rumour is that Liverpool is interested in David. Also interesting that the transfer fee being talked about here is significantly higher than the picture other stories have painted (closer to 25M).

https://www.caughtoffside.com/2024/08/24/liverpool-competition-hot-shot/

3 minutes ago, kohanz said:

Not sure if this was posted already and I'm unsure about the credibility ("Jonathan Davies" surely doesn't help), but the rumour is that Liverpool is interested in David. Also interesting that the transfer fee being talked about here is significantly higher than the picture other stories have painted (closer to 25M).

What is their source?

3 minutes ago, kohanz said:

Same article mentions  Arsenal, Chelsea, Aston Villa and Napoli as being interested (Napoli just signed Lukaku so they are probably out)

32 minutes ago, El Diego said:

What is their source?

The author of the post, "Jason Pettigrove" is a soccer journalist. Of what level of credibility, I don't know, but all the other articles about this point to the link I posted as the original source 🤷‍♂️

Contract extension? I think it can happens... I talked a little bit with the president and when the summer transfer will close we can discuss more in peace. What do I want? It's still not clear... I need to think! That's why we still not met to discuss about it...

"The Champions League it's the competition that I want to play. I played the Champions League before and it was an unbelievable competition. I want to feel this emotions again here."

9 hours ago, kohanz said:

As somebody who follows Liverpool transfer news even more than I follow Canadian transfers, I can say that this is almost certainly bullshit.

Most direct goal involvements in Europe's top 5 leagues (Premier League 🇬🇧, Liga 🇪🇸, Bundesliga 🇩🇪, Serie A 🇮🇹, Ligue 1 🇫🇷) since 2024:

Cole Palmer 🇬🇧: 25

Alexander Sørloth 🇳🇴: 22

Harry Kane 🇬🇧: 19

Robert Lewandowski 🇵🇱: 18

Erling Haaland 🇳🇴: 18

Jonathan David 🇨🇦: 18