Jonathan David

Vince193

Jonathan David 🇨🇦 vs Slavia Prague 🇨🇿

89 Minutes

1 Goal

👟 1 Assist

️‍🔥 3 Shots (2 Big Chances)

💯 1 Chance Created 

🦶 32 Touches (4 Touches in Opposition Box)

🎯 15/23 Passes (65%)

1 Ball Loss

☁️ 3/5 Aerial duels (60%)

🥊 1/3 Ground Duels (33%)

️ 2 Recoveries

🦵 1 Clearance

🚫 Was fouled 1*

Will I be a Lillois at the end of the transfer windows? It's a question that I'm asking to myself... Until now, I'm still here, I take a lot of fun with this team and I take a lot of fun on the field. After, we'll see... We don't know what's the future is writting for us, that's why I'm telling you all that. I realize that I'm important for the team and for the fans! There's still good chances that I stay at Lille... My desire is to stay here, I still have one year remaining in my contract here, if I can spend my season here why not!

I’ve changed my tune on hoping for a transfer now that league play has started.  Better to play out the season (or even half the season where he’ll feature in Champions League games 🤞) than move on to a big squad where he’ll have to work himself in, without having pre-season training & friendlies.  

And if he waits, he’ll have a chance to find the right fit… a manager and club who truly wants him, and has a plan.  

At this point, he could fall victim to a panic signing by a bigger club who’s director of football is not in sync with the manager, which could result in a mess.

Edited by TOcanadafan

56 minutes ago, Macksam said:

The stadium they were playing in looked odd, but a quick Google search showed their main venue was "not ready" because of the Olympics. Interesting. 

The game was in Valenciennes.  Their stadium was used for the Olympics and starting next week, the Paralympics.

Is there nowhere to find non geo-restricted highlights?

Edit: nvm, was able to view a full highlights package on YouTube using a French VPN.

The two misses he had were hardly egregious, but the contrast between those attempts and the goal he scored (and in fact most of the goals he scores) is that he went for power, really trying to smash the ball, instead of keeping his cool and slotting it in a corner, which is his strength, imo. 

Edited by jonovision

2 hours ago, narduch said:

Their stadium also has a sponsor name now. Decathlon.

The sporting good store that recently entered Canada.

Rather low end French brand, with a few decent deals. In Spain folks rather moronically wear Decathlon for anything outdoors. With MEC having abandoned their members in Canada we are ripe for someone walking into the market and taking it from their BS.

26 minutes ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

Rather low end French brand, with a few decent deals. In Spain folks rather moronically wear Decathlon for anything outdoors. With MEC having abandoned their members in Canada we are ripe for someone walking into the market and taking it from their BS.

What happened with MEC?

23 minutes ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

I bought my kids bike helmet there because it was a bitch trying to find one that fit his head properly at the traditional stores. The ones they sell work similar to a construction hat so they are adjustable. 

With Canadian Tire gobbling up Sport Chek and shuttering National Sports there is definitely a void in the marketplace that Decathlon can fill 

10 minutes ago, narduch said:

They got sold to a private equity firm

The elected board, there thanks to the vote of members who had committed to it for decades, saw they had the legal right to sell it to an American equity firm. And did. So cynical.

So basically, I am not going to buy from those people anymore, they destroyed a Canadian institution with a fantastic participative model and vetted products that you could trust, at least in the early years. 

1 minute ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

The elected board, there thanks to the vote of members who had committed to it for decades, saw they had the legal right to sell it to an American equity firm. And did. So cynical.

So basically, I am not going to buy from those people anymore, they destroyed a Canadian institution with a fantastic participative model and vetted products that you could trust, at least in the early years. 

Are their packs still made with the same quality as they did back in the '80s and '90s?

21 minutes ago, SthMelbRed said:

Are their packs still made with the same quality as they did back in the '80s and '90s?

This can't be evaluated that easily. You are talking about MEC brand? In the early years there was no such thing, they tested, brought in and sold other brands. Then when they decided to do their brand, with the idea that they would take their expertise and experience and apply it, we did not have the capacity to make outdoors material industrially in Canada. So by the 90s MEC were already in Taiwan, then in Vietnam, and if you are asking a factory there to make something for you, they are working for other brands too, and you have to work on quality with them, be on site in the early process, and pay for the quality you want. 

In the early years in Vancouver, the ones buying and selling at MEC were those using the gear, back when quality control was different and there were far greater variations in material. So things were tried, reviewed, they would even go back to manufacturers, in more niche sectors back then, and recommend things. They were working for small markets, not in the sense of diversifying gear. Climbing was more elite and there were no climbing walls, it was all or nothing, trekking did not really exist, nor trail running, camping was fairly developed, wool and traditional textile was fine, waterproof was in a bit of an infant stage, so was breathable fabrics. 

What bothers me most is that they took 40 years of a community participating in decisions on a broad sector of speciality products, were ground breaking, effectively made it possible for other brands to come along and conceive of being specialty (Arc'teryx probably does not happen, in North Vancouver, without their foundation) had nation-wide success, and then sold all that know-how and customer loyalty to a group that couldn't give a hot sh*t and threw it away cynically.