Jonathan David

Vince193

17 minutes ago, Obinna said:

Maybe a blessing in disguise? I am not sure I wanted him at West Ham (sorry @WestHamCanadianinOxford). 

It wouldn't have been the worst move, mainly because he would have gotten plenty of minutes, I think, but I would like him to go to a club a little more consistently higher in the pecking order, like a Tottenham or Chelsea. Or as we,ve discussed, Atletico Madrid.

I feel like Spurs is probably in that sweet spot of available minutes vs club strength. Chelsea and maybe even Atletico (if they bring Alvarez) could be more of a fight for minutes than I would like.

Might be partly true. But only partially from all the reading I have done. That's higher than all the West Ham (supposed) ITKs were saying and he was looked at as as a cheap option if others were not working out.  If he wasn't cheap for whatever reason they we would have probably moved on early. Lopetegui's strikers have a different profile. 

It could be the Sun being the Sun but I would guess the fee is probably bigger than normal or they wouldn't have made a story.

2 hours ago, jhoops__ said:

David has over 200 club games in Europe and is a known player by all European scouts.   International play means very little with his profile.  

Duran seems to be West Ham's top target (unless Toney comes way down).  Look at his Copa. 

Edited by WestHamCanadianinOxford

We scored 4 goals at Copa, 2 were by David and he assisted on Shaff's goal. 3 goal involvements out of 4. David was not on the field when Kone scored. He had a game winner vs Peru that helped secure our advance to the knockouts.  Would have had another vs Uruguay if we were able to hang on for another 2 mins. Finished 3rd in scoring. The players in the #1 & 2 spots did not have the responsibilities that David had on both sides of the ball and probably played the most league mins of any of those players coming into Copa. The only possible player that may have come close would be Lautaro. If either Larin or Tani were on their game, space  would have opened up more for JD. His first touch was the only issue I had with him. 

2 hours ago, Stryker911 said:

Madrid have reportedly signed Dovbyk so they are likely not interested in David.

This is the story I was here to post.

He's more of a classic target striker, good mentality, stays healthy, big body. Nice signing, but suggests they weren't so interested in what David could bring. 

6 hours ago, jhoops__ said:

David has over 200 club games in Europe and is a known player by all European scouts.   International play means very little with his profile.  

First of all I like David very much but if you think that if he had scored 5, 6, or 7 goals and it did not impact his ratings you are dreaming in technicolor.

6 hours ago, kingvikingstad said:

As an FYI, I was more touching on the idea that his agent is potentially asking for £10M in fees as part of the package. That seems like an insane amount and a potential obstacle to any deal.

100%, if true. 

Have it in my head that UEFA has had for some time now very strict rules around agent payments, directly and indirectly, and the disclosure of such.

Everyone wants a piece of David.

Dovbyk talks have stalled with At Madrid and he's now talking to Roma, according to Fabrizio.

But it is interesting that the two clubs associated with Dovbyk are also associated with David, the rumours suggest a certain consistency, both are willing to pay for a striker, even though they are very different players.

6 hours ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

Dovbyk talks have stalled with At Madrid and he's now talking to Roma, according to Fabrizio.

But it is interesting that the two clubs associated with Dovbyk are also associated with David, the rumours suggest a certain consistency, both are willing to pay for a striker, even though they are very different players.

I wonder why he prefers Roma to Atletico- with all the success he’s had in Spain and Atletico being a better club?

That new Roma stadium video was awesome though.

12 hours ago, InglewoodJack said:

I wonder why he prefers Roma to Atletico- with all the success he’s had in Spain and Atletico being a better club?

That new Roma stadium video was awesome though.

The reports appearing Sat morning in Spain say he did not think Atlético had a clear project, while Roma was more tempting. All things similar in terms of transfers and salary. 

Simeone has been at that club a long time and true, there are years they just go through the motions with the solid talent they have, and it is enough to place 3rd or 4th and get into Champions. 

This from the Sporting News India editor, linking him to Tottenham, but there are key errors in the text, makes you think they really have no idea: "In Ligue 1, he has made a real impression, scoring 33 and assisting four times in 83 outings."

https://www.sportingnews.com/us/premier-league/news/tottenham-fresh-talks-sign-canmnt-star-jonathan-david/6dcd6ba0808e74a0f8a30914

In fact he has 71 in 155 League matches, I think overall 89 in 178 matches with Lille.

Edited by Unnamed Trialist

Still lingering interest around after Roma went another way.

Part of a Times article on the transfer window.  Tend to be pretty slow and maybe more accurate.

"Bournemouth do not want to sell Dominic Solanke and it is unlikely that Tottenham would meet the 26-year-old striker’s £65million release clause. Solanke scored 19 Premier League goals last season, when he also signed a new contract until 2027, having managed six the season before.

Tottenham, who have also monitored Jonathan David, the Lille forward, would need to sell Richarlison to sign another attacker and there is interest in the Brazil forward from the Saudi Pro League."

https://www.thetimes.com/sport/football/article/transfer-window-latest-news-deals-premier-league-f2xxwj2d5

He is back at Lille this weekend. Standard 3 weeks off.

2 minutes ago, Olympique_de_Marseille said:

@RS or someone else, how good is DAZN at detecting VPNs?

A DAZN France subscription would be interesting! :D

Does anyone have more concrete info about the broadcast rights situation for Ligue 1 this season? It will be BeIN for Canada right?

I had trouble trying to watch my brother's Canadian DAZN in England when they had the Premier League.

That was a couple years (pretty sure) ago and some VPNs are better now.

3 hours ago, Olympique_de_Marseille said:

Does anyone have more concrete info about the broadcast rights situation for Ligue 1 this season? It will be BeIN for Canada right?

I have had difficulties as well.

4 hours ago, Olympique_de_Marseille said:

It sounds like it will be 8 games per match day on DAZN. 1 match on BeIn (Saturday 5pm local time game).

Edited by narduch

4 minutes ago, narduch said:

It sounds like it will be 8 games per match day on DAZN. 1 match on BeIn (Saturday 5pm local time game).

That's what I heard about the deal in France.

But I thought BeIN got the (exclusive) Canadian and US broadcast rights but I'm not sure.

Edited by Olympique_de_Marseille