Jonathan David

Vince193

On 6/28/2024 at 1:02 PM, jhoops__ said:

My best bet and unquestionably without merit is Spurs…

David to Spurs is actually pretty decent well especially since he gets to play with a lot of great players and I would love a link up with David and Son Heung Min

They were listing the clubs on the pre show for clubs that David could go to and among them were Lille, Chelsea, Tottenham Hotspur, Chelsea and Manchester United. But then Kilbane was saying David would be better off going to a club like West Ham United or Brentford where he would be a central focus and to be honest I agreed with Kilbane.

14 minutes ago, TGAA_Star said:

They were listing the clubs on the pre show for clubs that David could go to and among them were Lille, Chelsea, Tottenham Hotspur, Chelsea and Manchester United. But then Kilbane was saying David would be better off going to a club like West Ham United or Brentford where he would be a central focus and to be honest I agreed with Kilbane.

West Ham scares me a bit because we can be so hard on players but if the manager wants him and thinks he can use him in his system, he will be the default starter, I believe.

We have a lot of positions to strengthen and do not have £20 million even to spend twice on a striker.

But I still also think he deserves Europe.

Two of the hosts mentioned Brentford which is interesting as I haven't heard that.

Assuming they lose Toney, they already bought another big striker - Igor Thiago. He was injured after they bought him but is supposed to be back for preseason.

They played mostly 433 with Toney in the middle once he was back last year.  Not sure where David slots in there.

And again - no Europe.

On 7/1/2024 at 3:43 PM, TGAA_Star said:

David does not need to be the central focus of any club, he just needs to play and be serviced so he can score and set up others to score. A stark contrast to James Rodriguez who on the other hand needs to be the central focus of a club, wherever he decides to go next. Managers trying to shoehorn J Rod into a system he doesn't belong to is why his club career has been largely forgettable after he dominated at both Porto and Monaco. 

8 minutes ago, Macksam said:

David does not need to be the central focus of any club, he just needs to play and be serviced so he can score and set up others to score. A stark contrast to James Rodriguez who on the other hand needs to be the central focus of a club, wherever he decides to go next. Managers trying to shoehorn J Rod into a system he doesn't belong to is why his club career has been largely forgettable after he dominated at both Porto and Monaco. 

Would also explain why he's been excellent for Colombia no matter where his club career has taken him.

Posted (edited)

I haven’t had a chance to listen to the podcast yet, but a clip they posted has JD saying Lille hasn’t gotten an offer yet. Have they revealed anything else? Both of the last two episodes of the podcast didn’t say all too much, but it’s cool they’re doing this in any case. 

Market is crazy- apparently David is being sold for €20M or something with no offers- there’s another rumour that Marseille are looking to sign Mason Greenwood for €25M. Insane, and I guess I’m going to be returning the Marseille jersey I haven’t bought yet. 

Edited by InglewoodJack

1 hour ago, InglewoodJack said:

I haven’t had a chance to listen to the podcast yet, but a clip they posted has JD saying Lille hasn’t gotten an offer yet. Have they revealed anything else? Both of the last two episodes of the podcast didn’t say all too much, but it’s cool they’re doing this in any case. 

Market is crazy- apparently David is being sold for €20M or something with no offers- there’s another rumour that Marseille are looking to sign Mason Greenwood for €25M. Insane, and I guess I’m going to be returning the Marseille jersey I haven’t bought yet. 

Listening through now, main things that have stood out was that Larin had interest from other clubs including another La Liga club when he was moving on from Valladolid (not sure if thats news really but JD was trying to poke him for the info) and thought it was really cool how they ran through the goal v Peru kind of step by step, Larin playing out to Shaff instead of David (and they show the video of it as well), and interestingly how Dayne had told JD and Cyle before the game some tendencies of the Peru keeper to not dive but try and just make himself big, which JD credits as to something he thought about for the shot and goal

4 hours ago, Borjans Sweatpants said:

Listening through now, main things that have stood out was that Larin had interest from other clubs including another La Liga club when he was moving on from Valladolid (not sure if thats news really but JD was trying to poke him for the info) and thought it was really cool how they ran through the goal v Peru kind of step by step, Larin playing out to Shaff instead of David (and they show the video of it as well), and interestingly how Dayne had told JD and Cyle before the game some tendencies of the Peru keeper to not dive but try and just make himself big, which JD credits as to something he thought about for the shot and goal

We heard Larin to Osasuna as a main rumour before Aguirre convinced Mallorca to pay what they did. Interestingly, the former Osasuna coach Arrasate is now the manager at Mallorca. 

Jacobs is a F-tier Newcastle source but I wouldn't hate the fit.  Isak would be the clear first choice striker but is relatively injury prone, and David would be a decent fit in Howe's 4-3-3 with two inverted wingers (assuming Newcastle will sign a RW this window).  

Think a lot of it will depend on clearing out Wilson to Saudi to raise some funds.

Edited by theaub