Jonathan David

Vince193

3 hours ago, jhoops__ said:

Chelsea and West Ham for David. I actually wouldn't mind either club. West Ham he gets to be a focal point in that team along with my fellow countryman Mo Kudus (GHA) and other players like Edson Alvarez and Michail Antonio.

But putting David at Chelsea especially for a player of his magnitude, he would help bring Chelsea back to top 4 status just by him going there and especially playing with Nicolas Jackson, Cole Palmer among others.

12 minutes ago, Kadenge said:

You can see the intensity on David's face for the entire game, he's always switched on and runs hard in min 1 to 90.  He used his body very well yesterday to win fouls, unlike a lot of our players.

He was pretty assertive in his interview after as well.  He was switched on for this. 

1 hour ago, jhoops__ said:

What’s the latest on West Ham’s interest?  You mentioned he might not be a great fit for the new manager but a front 3 of Bowen, David and Kudus has serious potential…

He's close to any of the 4 Premier League clubs depending on who you ask.

Part of me is worried with how demanding our fanbase can be but I need it to happen before Chelsea and especially Sp*rs.

Edit: 

Edited by WestHamCanadianinOxford

11 minutes ago, dyslexic nam said:

That was basically Larin’s contribution yesterday.  He has one good chance but otherwise both he and David mainly did work in the build up play.  Larin even did a bit of a body check in the build up to the goal - just enough to not get called.  

He also provided the perfect ball for Shaff and got the hockey assist after that bit of hold up play. That goal doesn't happen without Larin full stop.

3 minutes ago, frmr said:

He also provided the perfect ball for Shaff and got the hockey assist after that bit of hold up play. That goal doesn't happen without Larin full stop.

Larin positioned himself in a way that he'll never get called for the foul, especially in that area of the pitch. He turned so that his opponent was on his back. Very savvy. If anything, the ref would have whistled in Canada's favor. 

Larin has improved his hold up/shielding techniques over the years.  He was able to get a few more calls in this match than in the other matches, in part because I think Peru were pretty focussed on deliberately fouling.  In the previous games, he was getting outpositioned by quicker anticipating defenders and then couldn't sell a foul to the ref.

Very cool finish on the goal by David.

1 hour ago, frmr said:

Yeah - didn’t mean to diminish Larin’s contribution.   Post was probably poorly worded.   He had a good game and was absolutely key in the lone/winning goal.   Just meant that the bulk of his contribution boiled down to him using his positioning to win and hold the ball, and draw fouls.  

28 minutes ago, dyslexic nam said:

Yeah - didn’t mean to diminish Larin’s contribution.   Post was probably poorly worded.   He had a good game and was absolutely key in the lone/winning goal.   Just meant that the bulk of his contribution boiled down to him using his positioning to win and hold the ball, and draw fouls.  

Exactly the skills you would expect him to pick up playing as a striker at the bottom of La Liga.

"Meanwhile, it is understood West Ham are unlikely to pursue their interest in the Lille striker Jonathan David."

https://www.theguardian.com/football/article/2024/jun/28/west-ham-may-move-on-from-kilman-after-wolves-stick-to-45m-asking-price

Jacob is a serious journalist but has been very wrong before (this year even.)

I knew of him from him being a young poster on a West Ham site years ago.

Edited by WestHamCanadianinOxford