Jonathan David

Vince193

3 hours ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

I hadn't seen this from a month ago:

https://x.com/FabrizioRomano/status/1640090678888923138?s=20

David said in an interview several years ago that Barcelona and Arsenal were his favorite teams growing up. It may have been the same interview where he says he doesn't like how Liverpool play, which was ironic because they were linked with him repeatedly around that time. Felt like something that could come back to bite him but at the same time I believe he was just being an honest kid, it's just that such things can easily been twisted out of context. So far it hasn't seemed to come back and bite him.

13 hours ago, Obinna said:

David said in an interview several years ago that Barcelona and Arsenal were his favorite teams growing up. It may have been the same interview where he says he doesn't like how Liverpool play, which was ironic because they were linked with him repeatedly around that time. Felt like something that could come back to bite him but at the same time I believe he was just being an honest kid, it's just that such things can easily been twisted out of context. So far it hasn't seemed to come back and bite him.

Barça has zero money to buy anyone though Lord knows we are lacking strike power.

Quick run down of Lille's position in term of Conference League knock-out qualification ahead of today's game. 

They are top of their group on 8 points, 1 up on Borjan's Slovan Bratislava and 4 up on the 3rd place team. 

It means a win today against the bottom team and they have qualified.  They could secure first place today (important in that you avoid playing the first knockout out round against a Europa League drop down) with an win and a Bratislava loss. 

17 minutes ago, El Diego said:

Not starting today, Yazici back up front with 16 year old Ayyoub Bouaddi behind him (according to SofaScore)

Is Fonseca playing some weird motivational game with David, dropping him to the bench after giving him the captain's armband and watching him score, or is this part of a succession plan because David is leaving in January?

5 minutes ago, Obinna said:

Is Fonseca playing some weird motivational game with David, dropping him to the bench after giving him the captain's armband and watching him score, or is this part of a succession plan because David is leaving in January?

1 minute ago, narduch said:

Probably just managing his minutes.

He just came off an International break where he played Friday-Tuesday-Sunday.

I agree that this is likely just rest against a team that is perceived weaker in a competition that Lille are not prioritizing as much, but I do also think Fonseca is succession planning

42 minutes ago, Joe1973 said:

And a game on Sunday coming up. So it's normal 

Lille are also now in 4th, and a single point out of CL qualification so while Europa hardware may be nice, I suspect they have their eyes on the bigger prize next year.  

Hopefully this is it.  It would be discouraging if it was anything other than "load management" ahead of some key games.  

Don’t know if anyone else noticed but Gomes is captain today who is the same age and has half the appearances for Lille that David and he started last week when David was captain. To me this is basically confirming that something’s up with him and the manager.