Jonathan David

Vince193

He needs a move.  Lille is a dead end. 

Once he accepts that, and I expect that he has, options multiply simply because so many more clubs would be at least a sideways move with way more future than staying at Lille.  Professionaly.

Not saying he shouldn't be ambitious.  Just saying he needs to get on with it.   

3 minutes ago, SoccMan said:

Needs to start scoring it’s been awhile, Larin is the other guy . Unfortunately it’s the position these guys play they need to keep scoring to keep relevant.

I agree. I know David hasn't had the service and has logged a ton of minutes, but he cannot stay at 13 goals forever to keep his value up. 

3 hours ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

Just watched a fragment of Arsenal-M United yesterday, and the commentators were saying that sure, if Gabriel Jesus were to be signed by the Gunners they'd still need another goal scorer--then listed off a few rumours, including our guy. Insisted that G Jesus was not really a goal scorer. 

So I laughed with the four he put in yesterday shortly afterwards. 

In any case, sometimes single performances don't change arguments, nor months of performance, so David may still be the real scorer and GJ a complement.

I don't want to derail this too much, but I'll bite. G. Jesus is underwhelming when you consider what team he is on. A bang average striker aught to be netting 15+ league goals/season on a City team. Keep that jobber away from my Gunners.

David to Arsenal is a no-brainer, and Edu oughta put his big boy pants on and get it done. His height is my only worry, since we put in so, so many crosses. But besides that, he has it all. Back to goal hold up/turns, poaching, off the ball runs, link up play in the midfield and the final third, to say nothing about his generally lethal finishing itself. He is so intelligent in his awareness and positioning too. I think that he and Odegaard can form a partnership that fans will be singing of for generations.

Plus David to Arsenal would be as big as Davies to Bayern or Pulisic to Chelsea...well David would get to go up against Pulisic regularly especially if David were to sign with Arsenal. But look at the talent he would be surrounded by...Partey, Gabriel, Saka, Nketiah, Odegaard, Ramsdale, Tavares, Xhaka, Lacazette, I could go on and on. He actually would reach stardom by joining us.

4 hours ago, TGAA_Star said:

Plus David to Arsenal would be as big as Davies to Bayern or Pulisic to Chelsea...well David would get to go up against Pulisic regularly especially if David were to sign with Arsenal. But look at the talent he would be surrounded by...Partey, Gabriel, Saka, Nketiah, Odegaard, Ramsdale, Tavares, Xhaka, Lacazette, I could go on and on. He actually would reach stardom by joining us.

Well, gosh darnit, make an offer already! 😉

4 hours ago, TGAA_Star said:

Eddie and Laca are gone after this season. Every Arsenal fan knows that!

I don’t want him to join (us) Arsenal, as I don’t think he is the right fit. We need a big striker that can play between the last mine/lines and get onto crossed. Not a false 9/ link up forward, which is what David plays best. 

5 minutes ago, Shway said:

I don’t want him to join (us) Arsenal, as I don’t think he is the right fit. We need a big striker that can play between the last mine/lines and get onto crossed. Not a false 9/ link up forward, which is what David plays best. 

Arsenal needs more than one striker.

8 hours ago, Shway said:

How is he not the right fit especially when we Arsenal are a young team for the most part? He would just add to your youth but also in an Arteta type system David is perfect especially given his style of play 

9 hours ago, TOcanadafan said:

To the Arsenal fans… is Arteta a Pep clone?  If so, David would be perfect imo, and could work well in team without a traditional #9.  

Yes and no. I don't know enough about Guardiola to say, tbh. Arteta worked under him at City. He is no nonsense. I will say that much. I think he cares very deeply about Arsenal, and football, and what it means to be part of that special sort of community called a team.

21 hours ago, Shway said:

I agreed with you at one point. Until I saw how the Gunners were doing with Laca as a withdrawn striker linking up with the Mids. I think David would actually do very, very well. And as others have pointed out, Arsenal are shopping for 2.

54 minutes ago, Wingback6 said:

I agreed with you at one point. Until I saw how the Gunners were doing with Laca as a withdrawn striker linking up with the Mids. I think David would actually do very, very well. And as others have pointed out, Arsenal are shopping for 2.

That’s the only way he stayed relevant, but Arsenal have been struggling to score as a result of him having to drop so much to retain possession because he’s not big or fast. laca has 1 goal in 2022, and 4 goals all season, but 7 assists.

Those stat lines only work if you are on Liverpool with their elite wide players…and even Firmino is being phased out.

Arsenal are allegedly in talks with Jesus, and will probably sign a second. I don’t think they would go with two undersized forwards. The premier league defenders are a different beast. 

As an Arsenal fan I would get a David jersey instantly, but I also don’t the pressures of failure like the last player we got from Lille. I just don’t think he would be a good fit or is ready for a top English club.

On 4/25/2022 at 8:33 PM, Shway said:

That’s the only way he stayed relevant, but Arsenal have been struggling to score as a result of him having to drop so much to retain possession because he’s not big or fast. laca has 1 goal in 2022, and 4 goals all season, but 7 assists.

Those stat lines only work if you are on Liverpool with their elite wide players…and even Firmino is being phased out.

Arsenal are allegedly in talks with Jesus, and will probably sign a second. I don’t think they would go with two undersized forwards. The premier league defenders are a different beast. 

As an Arsenal fan I would get a David jersey instantly, but I also don’t the pressures of failure like the last player we got from Lille. I just don’t think he would be a good fit or is ready for a top English club.

Then where do you have him going