Jonathan David

Vince193

The bottom line is that we all should park our club biases when it comes to where our guys play at the highest levels.  Don’t like Bayern?  Who gives a shit.  Look at what they have done for Phonzie.  Not a fan of Liverpool?  Too bad - the opportunity to play at Anfield under Klopp would be massive.  

1 hour ago, Yoginess said:

Okay everyone stay calm. My mistake for not leaning to the sarcasm more.

For the record, a troll post would be more like:

“Jonathan David is a poor man’s Tim Weah” or “If Jonathan David keeps developing maybe he could be a top 5 league striker some day”

but also Occéan was blessed with godlike talents and would dominate global football in today’s game 

EDIT: But you will see me trolling on Twitter right now. Co-opting support for the trucker convoy as support for the national team. So I’m no angel 

Sorry for judging you - definitely did not interpret it the way you have just explained

28 minutes ago, VinceA said:

It's wild that Manchester City needs a striker but there's been nothing linking them with David.

They just signed 21 year Julian Alvarez from River Plate.  One of the most touted youngsters in South America.  Already 6 caps for Argentina in a very top heavy attack.  Over the past 12-18 months, he's been the player from the America's to be regularly called to the Argentinean National team.

Arsenal know fully well that David was an Arsenal fan growing up but so far he’s been their backup plan it seems.

They are only 2 points behind Manchester United for the last Champions League spot with a game in hand.  A move for David could put them over the top.

I’d like to see David win the Golden Boot in France this year and see how far Lille make it in Champions League this year but a €56 million transfer would also be massive and good to see as well.

Edited by baulderdash77

2 hours ago, Shway said:

https://football-talk.co.uk/168135/arsenal-eyeing-late-swoop-to-sign-47m-jonathan-david/

more Arsenal rumblings…
however there’s only smoke if you hear Arsenal doctors flying to Canada to do his medical. 

I've been following this. There's not much to the original ESPN article, but I wouldn't be surprised if they did attempt a late deal since their top ambitions are fairly hinged on them bringing in a striker. The release clause for Isak is 90M so any deal would be a bargain compared to that.

18 minutes ago, frmr said:

I've been following this. There's not much to the original ESPN article, but I wouldn't be surprised if they did attempt a late deal since their top ambitions are fairly hinged on them bringing in a striker. The release clause for Isak is 90M so any deal would be a bargain compared to that.

Yea Isak isn’t worth that release clause. He’s to hot and cold. And we can’t take another Pepe deal. 

Being an Arsenal fan, and as much as I rate JD, I don’t think he’s the striker for Artetas system to take us into the top four. 

Hes in the mold of Lacazette, and we need a big striker who’s good aerial, but can also play between the lines. Vhalovic was it, but we see how that went. 

Now comes the panicking buying - just don’t want that to be JD. 

17 hours ago, Cblake said:

So the watch in on, sure last night could help with the interest heating up.

May be an image of 1 person and text that says '++ DAVID TRANSFER CHASE CLUBS INTERESTED ARSENAL BARCELONA CHELSEA 6 |LIVERPOOL MANCHESTERUNITED REALMADRID TOTTENHAM boulange D JONATHANDAVID JONATHAN DAVID TSNN BA ΛO COVERAGE CONTINUES 7SN'

To be honest...I'm so tired of this! It is almost as if he isn't already playing for the reigning French Champions and a side that has qualified for the knockout rounds of the Champions League. Does he need to transfer to a Premier League club to justify himself to the soccer public? As if he hasn't already 'made it'! Maybe that soccer public should broaden its horizons and let his career play out. Sure, finances are going to dictate that he moves, but a big money transfer is no more of a 'success' than what he has already accomplished.

33 minutes ago, masster said:

To be honest...I'm so tired of this! It is almost as if he isn't already playing for the reigning French Champions and a side that has qualified for the knockout rounds of the Champions League. Does he need to transfer to a Premier League club to justify himself to the soccer public? As if he hasn't already 'made it'! Maybe that soccer public should broaden its horizons and let his career play out. Sure, finances are going to dictate that he moves, but a big money transfer is no more of a 'success' than what he has already accomplished.

Canada has one of most sought after young players in the entire world, who has already stated that he will be leaving his club in the summer, with the biggest clubs in the world are circling licking their lips, and TSN, our national sports broadcaster and one which has been traditionally very scarce on reporting anything regarding our players, puts up a graphic highlighting the clubs that have already show interest… and you’re tired of it? 

…weird, but okay.

Also I want David to achieve everything he can from his club career. He’s not winning a champions league at Lille. Going to a bigger club might not make him any better but he can certainly achieve better things.

EDIT: I was a little annoyed when we were lumping in BarcaB and Liverpool U23s but this is first team stuff.

Edited by Yoginess

2 hours ago, masster said:

I was happy for him to stay at Gent and develop longer than most and I would rather a player play on a smaller team than sit with a bigger team.  But if he is going to move this window or the next, which seems likely, I think its okay people to want him to go to their team or go to a team they can follow more easily.  

Lille is a tough team to watch sometimes and honestly David (and Yilmaz and Fonte rolling back the clock and their keeper who is not longer there) helped perform a minor miracle last season. Full credit for what they did last year but they are 19 points off PSG already this year. They don't have the finances to replace their best players when they go and the highest level of development probably happens for a young player at another club.  If he is able to go there and start. 

1 hour ago, Lansdude said:

Wait I thought everyone was convinced he was going to Liverpool.

Who’s everyone? He is definitely on their radar. Depending on what Arsenal does in the transfer market, Liverpool are definitely one of the front runners I would say. Also depending on whether JD looks past the fact that he said he didn’t really like them from a fan perspective. 

18 hours ago, masster said:

I totally agree with this, my only issue with Lille is their style doesn't help his stats and personal success.

On 1/26/2022 at 11:11 PM, Unnamed Trialist said:

Barça is trying to do the numbers to bid for Haaland, who won't join  MBAPPE anywhere. So they also need options in case that doesn't work. 

David is not a Barça striker imho. 

UT is going through the "5 stages of grief" right now, grief over the fact his club has lost its status amongst the elite of the world. Manchester United fans went through this about 5-6 years ago.

We start with DENIAL. The subject here is saying David is not a Barcelona striker, implying the club still has a high pedigree when it comes to the caliber of players they employ, but we all know that is not true anymore.

On 1/27/2022 at 12:18 PM, Unnamed Trialist said:

If you are going to quote certain people I have blocked for good reason, I won't answer you. 

But it doesn't help if you have no idea what you are posting about either.

ANGER, the subject is lashing out at others now. 

On 1/27/2022 at 12:45 PM, Unnamed Trialist said:

I am a sworn enemy of Madrid and hate them, but I think David would be an excellent fit there. If you look at what Benzema does, what Jovic was supposed to do to help them out and hasn't, you can see that David would work well for them. 

BARGAINING, UT is saying David would work well for Madrid. I am of the opinion he is insinuating that while David is not good enough for Barca, he is good enough for Madrid. This is his mind playing mental gymnastics now, the subject realizes that while his club isn't elite anymore, he is also trying to cope by thinking "Well, our arch rivals aren't elite level either, and David would be a better fit there since he'll have an easier cracking that line up," despite the reasoning he actually gave.

On 1/27/2022 at 5:23 PM, Unnamed Trialist said:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FC_Barcelona_in_international_football

The Inter-Cities Fairs Cup was replaced by the UEFA Cup in the early 70s. There was also the Cup Winners. 

I appreciate younger fans don't have any connection to these competitions but I recall us winning the Cup Winners in '89, I had worked late out of town, and driving back into Barcelona it was like the Wacky Races, thousands of cars and motorcyles pouring into the city to celebrate. If folks don't know about it, I recommend the winning goal for Zaragoza in 95, it was one of the greatest winning goals in a final ever, former Spur Nayim from midfield against Arsenal. Listen to this commentator....

DEPRESSION, the subject here harkens about past glories, even something from 1989, the good old days, a better time in his life when the club was on top of the world.

It's time for you to ACCEPT bro. We can talk sometime about this. It's good to talk about these things UT. I am here for you.

Edited by Macksam