Herdman new head coach

matty

43 minutes ago, king1010 said:

Pretty sure ottawafan and mrR are the same person. Does the forum have double account rules? 

I originally assumed MrR was Robert, but MrR is slightly less unhinged and more grammatically correct. And not enough raw formatted copy-paste articles from wikipedia or mentions of John van 't Schip.

10 hours ago, Ottawafan said:

Pretty sure we aren’t. 

Seriously bizarre that these guys don't seem to grasp that viewing the CSA with disdain and believing it needs a complete reset has traditionally been the norm in Canadian soccer circles. Pay attention to the local stuff you are directly involved in and what's happening wherever back home is and tune out whatever the latest masterplan is that the CSA has been trying to push was the posture I always encountered with the Voyageurs board regarded as fringe weirdos if people were even aware of it. Guess that last bit is maybe why they might be oblivious to how things are viewed outside the goldfish bowl that is this forum.

2 hours ago, Ozzie_the_parrot said:

Seriously bizarre that these guys don't seem to grasp that viewing the CSA with disdain and believing it needs a complete reset has traditionally been the norm in Canadian soccer circles. Pay attention to the local stuff you are directly involved in and what's happening wherever back home is and tune out whatever the latest masterplan is that the CSA has been trying to push was the posture I always encountered with the Voyageurs board regarded as fringe weirdos if people were even aware of it. Guess that last bit is maybe why they might be oblivious to how things are viewed outside the goldfish bowl that is this forum.

Pretty sure 90% of this board agrees the CSA needs a reset. Its a dumpster fire. 

you calling everyone on this board (including yourself) fringe weirdos is f*cked up. 

you think people on here arent on twitter, reddit and part of local grass routes soccer clubs? give me a break. 

Edited by king1010

5 minutes ago, king1010 said:

Pretty sure 90% of this board agrees the CSA needs a reset. Its a dumpster fire. 

you calling everyone on this board (including yourself) fringe weirdos is f*cked up. 

you think people on here arent on twitter, reddit and part of local grass routes soccer clubs? give me a break. 

He is a condescending asshole.

1 minute ago, king1010 said:

...you calling everyone on this board (including yourself) fringe weirdos is f*cked up. 

Just telling you what I experienced when involved with competitive level amateur soccer and how this place was generally viewed. Doubt much has changed since then given that was at a time when active participants at the pro level would still sometimes post, which happens much less often now than it used to. The real problems start when people stumble into soccer leadership roles from other sports and think this place has the finger on the pulse of what makes Canadian soccer and its fans tick.

18 minutes ago, king1010 said:

Difference between being involved with youth level and being involved at the higher levels of the youth levels.

8 minutes ago, Ozzie_the_parrot said:

Just telling you what I experienced when involved with competitive level amateur soccer and how this place was generally viewed. Doubt much has changed since then given that was at a time when active participants at the pro level would still sometimes post, which happens much less often now than it used to. The real problems start when people stumble into soccer leadership roles from other sports and think this place has the finger on the pulse of what makes Canadian soccer and its fans tick.

“I always encountered with the Voyageurs board regarded as fringe weirdos if people were even aware of it.”

vs

“The real problems start when people stumble into soccer leadership roles from other sports and think this place has the finger on the pulse of what makes Canadian soccer and its fans tick.”

So which is it? Regarded as fringe weirdos that nobody knows about, or a place where people in leadership positions think enough of it to pick ideas from? 

Edited by king1010

1 minute ago, king1010 said:

...So which is it? Regarded as fringe weirdos that nobody knows about, or a place where people in leadership positions think enough of it to pick ideas from? 

You are leaving out the bit about stumbling in from other sports to take soccer leadership roles. Paul Beirne would be the prime example on that.

2 minutes ago, Ozzie_the_parrot said:

You are leaving out the bit about stumbling in from other sports to take soccer leadership roles. Paul Beirne would be the prime example on that.

Paul Beirne sucks thought and is not on the side of supporters. A corporate shill.

I guess he duped a lot of the early TFC supporters into thinking he was genuine. Yourself included it looks like.

Edited by narduch