Herdman new head coach

matty

3 hours ago, Acid-Tone said:

Why would Rogers/Bell fire Herdman for something he did at a previous job?

His highly misleading comments bordering on lies were made today. At a presser for his current job.

I don't see how he survives this after what he said today.

Scott Arfield's presence would have been helpful against Croatia in Qatar and his absence has never been properly explained. Beyond that I doubt the drone footage was pivotal on qualifying but an unfortunate reality moving forward is that having this in the public record is going to cast a shadow over what that team achieved during the octagon.

9 hours ago, InglewoodJack said:

Streets saying it’s a certain MLS midfielder with a double first name 

Liam Fraser?

Edit: I know "Fraser" as a first name isn't super common, but I can give at least one example with Fraser Aird. 

Edited by DeRo_Is_King

14 hours ago, Obinna said:

Better question: why is our media want to make our national teams look bad? Drag our opponents through the mud for all our care, but why are we eating ourselves.

We are far from a football nation...

It's true, media in football-mad countries are well-known to produce nothing but reasonable takes about the sport.

20 minutes ago, RS said:

It's true, media in football-mad countries are well-known to produce nothing but reasonable takes about the sport.

Excellent comment.

it’s something that I thought about before, but couldn’t articulate.

We are totally caught between being the hono(u)rable, good natured, follow-the-rules country dealing with a disaster of an association built out of gen pop’s long standing apathy towards and ignorance of the sport, competing against countries - some with limited moral compass - driven by an emotional attachment to the game and publicly mandated requirement for success. 

it makes me wonder if any thoughts I have are valid or myopic. 

4 minutes ago, Kadenge said:

I wonder how Herdman is going to 3D chess move, out of this pickle. 

Suspect his TFC team will need to go very deep in the MLS playoffs or win the Leagues Cup so MLSE view him as an asset worth defending. Otherwise I think it's only a matter of time until the alleged drone use comes back to bite him on the posterior given the Canadian media are unlikely to adopt the Didier Drogba posture on this issue any time soon. Even a loss to the Forge in the return leg in the Canadian Championship may be a little dicey for him at this point.

15 minutes ago, narduch said:

I think Herdman will be safe at TFC as long as FIFA doesn't give him a ban.

i dont know about that,the do-gooders and westhead and his anonymous sources are out for blood

3 minutes ago, reggietfc said:

i dont know about that,the do-gooders and westhead and his anonymous sources are out for blood

Story will probably blow over once they finish punishing the Women's team.

I still think the wild card is if FIFA takes action against him.

Rat heads get cheese. I'm shocked that someone retroactively rolled on Herdman. Lame

I get the punishment in the moment bur this whole thing is tired. Just let the women play and let's be done with it. So dumb for our coaches to do at the Olympics but don't ruin the whole experience for our ladies 

Edited by SpursFlu