Noble Okello

Dub Narcotic

7 minutes ago, Bison44 said:

And if you think that funny, remember Hason Boakai???  Playing NASL, youngest ever at the time i think, call up to the senior team from Floro at 18.  Roughly same age as St Clair, Heibert, Waterman, Miller and Eustaq who was in europe so is a totally different story.  You never know...rising star as a teenager, but the unknowns at 18 (Miller was on radar i guess) end up being the CMNT contributors.    

Okello is a man amongst boys.  Hanson Boakai is/was the exact opposite.  😉

14 minutes ago, Bison44 said:

CS Laurent wasnt in PLSQ back in 2017-2018 yet, but that league was around and he could have been in it (when Okello was in L10).  By all accounts he did well in Usports in Quebec (2019) after that. And by 2021 was exceling in second div NCAA, which is around the time TFC was already done with Okello.  Hard to say, everyone doesnt develop the same, and Okello was injured for a long time, cest la vie eh?  But having Usports, a large L10 style regional third division network catches more of these kids.  Plus the NCAA system can absorb dozens and dozens of kids that never get a look at the MLS academies.  

And if you think that funny, remember Hason Boakai???  Playing NASL, youngest ever at the time i think, call up to the senior team from Floro at 18.  Roughly same age as St Clair, Heibert, Waterman, Miller and Eustaq who was in europe so is a totally different story.  You never know...rising star as a teenager, but the unknowns at 18 (Miller was on radar i guess) end up being the CMNT contributors.    

Yeah, of course, a million things can happen- maybe Bombito gets signed by IMFC in 2017, completely flops and he’s still at CS St. Laurent today because the experience was so poor he just gave up his dreams of becoming a top tier professional. Just funny how players have different timelines. A guy like Okello who is, as respectfully as possible, a total national team has been is 2 months younger than Bombito who we see as the future of our national team. That’s just the reality of development. Unfortunately, some of our promising young guys today will go the way of Okello, and some of our best players in 2030 are probably random L1/CPL depth players we’ve yet to pay any sort of thought to. Keeps things exciting.