General Discussion on CMNT

Scorpion26

4 hours ago, dyslexic nam said:

Yeah, probably better to avoid shitting on guys who are totally committed to the Nats in favour of someone who isn't. 

I’m not shitting on Piette, I think he’s a good player, has answer the call and rep Canada well. But Eustáquio is a better player, more  dynamic, he’s really good  defensively. He can be like Piette but more effective  offensively. His game is more  complete. You guys are blind if you don’t see it. 

Reality is- with Canada getting better and now hosting WC2026  duals are going to be joining and pushing out guys. This is a good problem to have. Our Mid depth is already pretty deep. As of right now we got just at the DM spot. Hutch ( yes he’s around) , Fraser, Piette, Teibert, Kaye, Johnson,Schweitzer, Okello(future) and I bet there is more I’m missing. 

Edited by SpecialK

13 minutes ago, BCM1555362349 said:

Can't wait for the day we see something like this...

"Bailey Peacock Farrell: Northern Ireland keeper turns down England chance"

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/45427205

If I'm Micheal O'Neill I would think seriously about cap tying the young man this week against Bosnia though.

Not a surprise since he would need to switch to play youth football and essentially end his international career if he never makes it to the full England squad.  

4 hours ago, Keegan said:

Teal Bunbury as well.  

Yea I remember his decision I think he played about 4 games after he made his decision and after that fell off. I do think this would have occurred for him as well now with CMNT. Larin, David, Cavallini, and few others could be ahead to.

By the way who starts Sunday?

Edited by Scorpion26

1 hour ago, Scorpion26 said:

Yea I remember his decision I think he played about 4 games after he made his decision and after that fell off. I do think this would have occurred for him as well now with CMNT. Larin, David, Cavallini, and few others could be ahead to.

By the way who starts Sunday?

He has 10+ goals this season and is Bunburys kid.  Don’t kid yourself he would be a regular and a favourite based on his name... also he would have turned down the USA which would be another gold star for him.

Edited by Keegan

6 minutes ago, Keegan said:

He has 10+ goals this season and is Bunburys kid.  Don’t kid yourself he would be a regular and a favourite based on his name... also he would have turned down the USA which would be another gold star for him.

I sent him an Instagram DM after Wrights goal last game telling him we got the better of the NE attackers and asking him how his international career is going. So petty i know :( 

17 minutes ago, Ngravs said:

I sent him an Instagram DM after Wrights goal last game telling him we got the better of the NE attackers and asking him how his international career is going. So petty i know :( 

That probably actually cuts deep for him LOL.  He’s probably thought it would blow over by now.

48 minutes ago, Keegan said:

Isn't this like his best season so far in MLS. Plus it's not like I'm posting he would never play for CMNT, but I'm sure with Larin, Cavallini, and David the three would surpass him. Anyways he isn't on this team and maybe he gets a call with USMNT this year with his good season. 

8 minutes ago, Stryker911 said:

Brazil also has a friendly against El Salvador who are also playing a Nations League game. How can El Salvador afford a friendly against Brazil and we have no money at all?

Because people would pay to see El Salvador play in Maryland. Nobody would pay to see Canada play in Maryland.  (And by nobody, I mean less people)

Edited by Blackdude

7 minutes ago, Stryker911 said:

Brazil also has a friendly against El Salvador who are also playing a Nations League game. How can El Salvador afford a friendly against Brazil and we have no money at all?

Easy, they're playing the match at FedEx Field in D.C. There are hundreds of thousands of Salvadorans in the Northern Virginia/D.C. area and if they don't fill the stadium, then random Americans interested in watching Brasil will show up. Bet the tickets are priced in the triple digits too, so even if they're paying Brasil $2-3M to show up they'll still make money.

Herman on CMNT

This is from CPL.ca and it's an interest article to read. He seems to pushing a new culture and I like what he said plus his teaching philosophy. I do hope it does result for many positive things for the future. 

Added the ConCaCaf NL table

First round results and table of ConCaCaf NL

Edited by Scorpion26

On ‎9‎/‎7‎/‎2018 at 5:15 PM, Stryker911 said:

I'm sure you've all discussed this in the past.  Why do we not see more CMNT matches played in Canada vs. good opponents?  Considering we have been getting good attendance against CONCACAF teams, I'm pretty sure we'd get great attendance against great teams. It seems to me to be a win-win situation. Is it just that the great teams of the world don't want to play in Canada? How would we change that?