General Discussion on CMNT

Scorpion26

19 hours ago, BrennanFan said:

I strongly believe that if we are to get anywhere, Osorio and Cavallini must step up into leadership roles, and Herdman has to build the team around them from this fall through to next years Gold cup.  Both players have proven their ability to win and score goals in Concacaf recently, they are winners and have the kind of experience and passion that can infect and lift the entire team.  Theyre in their prime years this cycle.  One of them should be made captain.  

Neither of these players strike me as "leader" or "captain" material but I do agree with you that they need to step up as key contributors to the program going forward. Both are very talented players, heading into their prime years, seemingly well suited to playing in Latin America, which is something that we struggle with so much.

Guest Tg11
43 minutes ago, David C. said:

Neither of these players strike me as "leader" or "captain" material but I do agree with you that they need to step up as key contributors to the program going forward. Both are very talented players, heading into their prime years, seemingly well suited to playing in Latin America, which is something that we struggle with so much.

Then I would go with someone younger but someone who has great leadership skills I feel and that is Cyle Larin or Samuel Piette.

On 7/3/2018 at 7:11 PM, Bison44 said:

Lets just humour TG for a minute.  Over the next 2-3 years say Davies is all that he seems..he goes on to big things in europe, same for Tabla after he commits to us, Millar grows into a EPL level striker and a few of Verhoven, Bair, David, Busti, Miller, Ruby, Kinumbe etc etc turn into solid MLS level CMNT contributors.    Would that qualify as a golden generation??  Or at least a low level CDN version??  

If our players develop into Golden Generation type players then yes I venture to guess that put us into a golden generation.

I mean I guess the trick is to have a constant pipeline of good players. Hopefully by the time Davies ages out the CPL will be pumping out some solid talent and maybe even a star or two. 

Guest Tg11
5 hours ago, Yoginess said:

If our players develop into Golden Generation type players then yes I venture to guess that put us into a golden generation.

I mean I guess the trick is to have a constant pipeline of good players. Hopefully by the time Davies ages out the CPL will be pumping out some solid talent and maybe even a star or two. 

Which is why I said earlier it is entirely possible for Canada to have a Golden Generation because this is as much talent that there has been coming out of this country in recent years. However, what matters is them growing together as a team and developing in other leagues around the world. Doing all of that and playing in meaningful fixtures but qualifying for major tournaments is what will define them as such.

World Cup is coming to an end and from articles I have read it seems that Herdman is putting a plan together for qualifying in 2022. Which I hope is more games outside of the ConCaCaf NL. The more games the better as I have posted many times. Well at least CMNT are two months away from their second game in 2018 (Is that correct?)

This will be an interest next four years for CSA, CMNT, CWNT, and more for all tournaments that are coming after this WC 2018. 

Edited by Scorpion26

30 minutes ago, Scorpion26 said:

World Cup is coming to an end and from articles I have read it seems that Herdman is putting a plan together for qualifying in 2022. Which I hope is more games outside of the ConCaCaf NL. The more games the better as I have posted many times. Well at least CMNT are two months away from their second game in 2018 (Is that correct?)

This will be an interest next four years for CSA, CMNT, CWNT, and more for all tournaments that are coming after this WC 2018. 

Makes me wish that the 2018 FIFA World Cup tournament didn't come to an end but yeah seeing the tournament in its entirety is already getting me excited thinking about Qatar 2022. However, if I have said it more than once I will say it again if Canada wants to qualify for 2022 they need to get to the Hex and then maybe just maybe we can talk about Canada possibly qualifying for Qatar 2022

Canada needs to play more friendlies but against more national teams that are more in the vein of European, South American, African and Asian opposition. Or at least get friendlies with nations that are more or less World Cup nations. It at least helps Canada to not only grow as a team/evolve but it gives Canada more credibility.

19 minutes ago, Craig11rm said:

If Canada wants to qualify for the World Cup they need to proceed through the rounds of qualification by winning games... just so everyone knows. 

Yes of course and in doing that they also have to win Hexagonal games too because their opponents in the Hex Canada can beat some of them but the others they can't manage to beat and always drop points against 

26 minutes ago, Vince193 said:

Does anyone know if Herdman has sent out feelers to guys like Eustaquio?

If we know anything about JH he’s thorough so he must have. Especially considering the CSA has been very active trying to recruit the last few years. Although that job was apparently Michael Findley’s so who knows.

Well if Herdman lays down part of his master blueprint as reaching out to CDN abroad, and he is this super detailed guy (how do we know, because he tells us this every time he opens his mouth), then he has already reached out to everyone we know about and more.  Its not like he has been busy super focused on games or interviews.  

Herdman brought people like Beckie and Sesselmann (named those 2, because they are probably the 2 most known), so I wouldn't be surprised that he looks for players who haven't commited to us. 

(Yes, Beckie was with the U20's, but I've read somewhere that Herdman asked Andrew Olivieri to find good players to play for Canada, and Beckie was 1 of the players added)

Edited by Blackdude

14 hours ago, Blackdude said:

Herdman brought people like Beckie and Sesselmann (named those 2, because they are probably the 2 most known), so I wouldn't be surprised that he looks for players who haven't commited to us. 

(Yes, Beckie was with the U20's, but I've read somewhere that Herdman asked Andrew Olivieri to find good players to play for Canada, and Beckie was 1 of the players added)

?????

10 hours ago, soccer.shocker said:

I have no doubt he has a targeted plan for recruiting duals in some sort of priority sequence and his list probably includes a few players beyond the usual suspects that might even be unknown to those on this board. Fingers crossed!

?????? I sure hope that you're right 

Such a wealth of talent and experience to be around kids. Very interested to watch his journey into coaching if that's where he goes. 

The CSA should road show with a clutch of retired or current players/coaches like this across the country. Especially on the back of the world cup but in general it could be massive in growing the sport now we have a true pathway in this country. 

Would also be a great way to partner with CPL club's, their coaches/players and their community.