General Discussion on CMNT

Scorpion26

On ‎2018‎-‎05‎-‎10 at 3:26 PM, SpecialK said:

National sports bodies should be top  notch , the best of the best, the best staff , the best coaches , the best players, the best programs and  facilities so they can go out and represent this country against the worlds best. To me trying to find staff on Twitter is amateur and looks bad. But hey what hell do I know I'm just fan. 

In other words, common practice to use twitter to help post job offerings.

On 2018-05-10 at 8:11 PM, BuzzAndSting said:

That's like comparing a Ferrari and a Ford, they're both cars so they must be the same. If you don't see the difference please see my previous comments about you being a child.

I don't. You've asked me this before and I've answered before. 

Marc Dos Santos would make sense except he's said before he doesn't feel he's ready. As for the others they're not even close to sure things and yet you continue to trot out the same few names that you know.

If you are a fan than why don't you just enjoy it? You constantly bitch and complain, how is it even worth it for you? What do you get out of this other than the apparent constant frustration? Please see previous comments about being a troll.

Interesting that you don't actually address what I wrote about your narrative. Do you want the best possible candidate for this job? How would the CSA reach more candidates to increase their chances at finding the most qualified candidate, through their Career page on their website? Through job websites? By posting to social media? 

And as far as your insults please see my previous comments about being a child.

Yes if you have  anything negative to say about the CSA or anything negative about anything Canadian soccer your apparently a troll , yes I realize this is a Canada soccer forum but I think someone is allowed to post negative commments without being labeled a troll exspecially if they also post positive comments when they are warranted.

Edited by 1996

This feels like an expansion team uniform announcement.. where you know they don’t actually play in half a year but they’re throwing out a bone. 

Also on the topic of friendlies/matches.. we now have ~4 players who could arguably secure any position (other than keeper). How the hell are they going to properly evaluate our players with 3 matches against semi pro teams? We already had enough trouble getting guys looks with just 2 guys at each position. Inevitably this means that some players aren’t going to get a proper chance and capable players will have their limited time cut short for evaluating others.

So in May we already know that we aren’t going to have a proper look at our depth that has built up over the last year.. but NEW KIT!!!

Edited by Keegan

58 minutes ago, Scorpion26 said:

Very cool new kits for CMNT so maybe just maybe a friendly will be announced tomorrow as well. 

If not these kits will be in the closet for about 5 or so months... yippee...

Have there been any news or talks from Herdman?

The women wear the same kit so it will debut before September.

Having Arfield in the promo is odd though.

23 minutes ago, Kadenge said:

Why is it odd having Arfield in the promo?

Probably because the whole launch seems to be very patriotic, and Arfield is born and raised in Scotland. I think that it would make more sense to have a Canadian born and raised player in the promo, but this is the least of our problems as Canadian soccer fans.

Love  promo video well done CSA!!  That video should be played everywhere. Jersey is nice.  I already placed my order for my Arfield 8 Jersey. I hope  they try  to sell more jerseys. 

Now  it’s time for a  friendly !!!!!

Edited by SpecialK

That video is fucking embarrassing.

People really find this cool? 

T dot to the North Po

Remember who ya fightin fo

That is cringeworthy in my books and very phony.

To be fair it  is not quite as bad as the similar MLS video with the guy who talks in a slang that can be best described at "how rich white guys like Don Garber think poor black people in the ghetto talk like though only the cool black ghetto guys not the scary ones".

The shirts are ok, not very original but nothing wrong with them either. 

Edited by Grizzly