General Discussion on CMNT

Scorpion26

Also, Why is it written in stone that we must lose in Honduras? Or playing in Honduras is an expected loss?   Or, why is it written in stone that we should not expect a result playing in Azteca?   In the past eight weeks TFC has gone into Mexico three times and got the results pretty much that they needed.    And playing against many of the same players that our MNT would face.   The Montreal Impact have in the past also gone into Azteca and earned a draw. And they gotten other favourable results in central america facing the same kind of talent that crops up in Concacaf WCQ.  These are high profile competitions.

They faced the same obstacles the MNT faced.  TFC has a stronger case to to blame the schedule and format for the outcome in CCl than our MNT has for not qualifying.   Also Australia went into Honduras for a WCQ and faced the same conditions we did (ie.: mid day game in heat and humidity).  Plus they had to travel ten times the distance.  They managed a 0-0 draw and finished it off easily in the home leg.  Why cant we manage the same in what is seemingly and endless cycle after cycle where we face Honduras? 

The answer is because TFC, the Impact and australia did on the pitch. And they all had the kind players on the pitch to do it.

Edited by Free kick

Thought I share this CSA annual meeting

North Star Rising...

Maybe they discussed adding more games for all levels for international games...

After reading through this article and what got me the most was CMNT in 2017 only played a total of 9 games. In my opinion that's to low of a number. I mean overall all level teams for Canada did not have many games. I am not sure the total yearly amount of games that's possible to play, but 9 is just crazy. We are 5 months into 2018 and I believe 1 game has been played by CMNT... well DAMN!!! 

Also I feel like CSA are really working for 2026 WC and aren't really communicating about making it in 2022. I feel if Canada does make it in 2022 would be much more beneficial to the program compared to hosting as I feel Canada might get overshadowed by it's southern sisters USA/Mexico. 

Edited by Scorpion26

2 hours ago, Scorpion26 said:

Thought I share this CSA annual meeting

North Star Rising...

Maybe they discussed adding more games for all levels for international games...

After reading through this article and what got me the most was CMNT in 2017 only played a total of 9 games. In my opinion that's to low of a number. I mean overall all level teams for Canada did not have many games. I am not sure the total yearly amount of games that's possible to play, but 9 is just crazy. We are 5 months into 2018 and I believe 1 game has been played by CMNT... well DAMN!!! 

Also I feel like CSA are really working for 2026 WC and aren't really communicating about making it in 2022. I feel if Canada does make it in 2022 would be much more beneficial to the program compared to hosting as I feel Canada might get overshadowed by it's southern sisters USA/Mexico. 

This, this, this. 

Reason why I'm one of the few who aren't crazy about the bid. I also haven't been able to find any mention of a guaranteed spot, and I wouldnt be of the wrong mind to think that we would be the first country to "host" without the team in the tournament. 

All in all, the time is now and we're sure not acting like it. 

On ‎2018‎-‎05‎-‎07 at 7:02 PM, Free kick said:

Also, Why is it written in stone that we must lose in Honduras? Or playing in Honduras is an expected loss?   Or, why is it written in stone that we should not expect a result playing in Azteca?   In the past eight weeks TFC has gone into Mexico three times and got the results pretty much that they needed.    And playing against many of the same players that our MNT would face.   The Montreal Impact have in the past also gone into Azteca and earned a draw. And they gotten other favourable results in central america facing the same kind of talent that crops up in Concacaf WCQ.  These are high profile competitions.

They faced the same obstacles the MNT faced.  TFC has a stronger case to to blame the schedule and format for the outcome in CCl than our MNT has for not qualifying.   Also Australia went into Honduras for a WCQ and faced the same conditions we did (ie.: mid day game in heat and humidity).  Plus they had to travel ten times the distance.  They managed a 0-0 draw and finished it off easily in the home leg.  Why cant we manage the same in what is seemingly and endless cycle after cycle where we face Honduras? 

The answer is because TFC, the Impact and australia did on the pitch. And they all had the kind players on the pitch to do it.

Yes, lets follow the TFC example.

Canada can qualify if they can highly pay Italians and Americans. :rolleyes:

2 hours ago, DoyleG said:

Yes, lets follow the TFC example.

Canada can qualify if they can highly pay Italians and Americans. :rolleyes:

Thought that was questionable too.... My reality is that TFC is far better than the CMNT, so comparing the two is very egregious. 

I would love to see Canada try to play a 352 at the start of the CNL. 

9 hours ago, Jahinho Guerro said:

Thought that was questionable too.... My reality is that TFC is far better than the CMNT, so comparing the two is very egregious. 

I would love to see Canada try to play a 352 at the start of the CNL. 

I don't see where Hoilett or Davies play in a 3-5-2. The formation uses wingbacks which I don't think is an ideal position for either and I'm not sold on either as a #10 in the formation especially since Canada doesn't really play with one.

7 hours ago, Vince193 said:

I don't see where Hoilett or Davies play in a 3-5-2. The formation uses wingbacks which I don't think is an ideal position for either and I'm not sold on either as a #10 in the formation especially since Canada doesn't really play with one.

Call it a 3-5-2 or 3-6-1 whatever way you want to interpret it. 

Osorio, Arfield, and Hutchinson form the middle engine, with Piette and Kaye as available options. Familiar positions for all. 

Cavallini in the true number 9 position, with Larin available.

Hoilett in as a second striker, with freedom to roam.

Davies in the LWB as his skillset is dangerous in 1v1 situations. 

UFG is "Up for Grabs" whether it be Petrasso, Cordova, Godinho.

image.png.3d6ed1b8d2ff653e026c91923be31bd2.png

4 hours ago, BCM1555362349 said:

Well apparently the CSA does know how to be transparent after all...it's only with the men's NT that we can select and hire without any process.

https://twitter.com/CanadaSoccerEN/status/994580683250196483

From the applicatin sheet "A strong understanding of Sport Science and Soccer specific periodization

I guess we know who conjured up this application process...

26 minutes ago, Jith12 said:

From the applicatin sheet "A strong understanding of Sport Science and Soccer specific periodization

I guess we know who conjured up this application process...

3 minutes ago, SpecialK said:

What a JOKE!

You should look up what it is. It’s a training approach that has been used for years and is employed by many successful clubs.

32 minutes ago, BuzzAndSting said:

You should look up what it is. It’s a training approach that has been used for years and is employed by many successful clubs.

People literally could have just googled "periodization" this whole time, the first thing that comes up is a Wikipedia article that explains the whole concept in detail: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sports_periodization

But I guess they're just running out of ways to take meaningless shots at Herdman for no apparent reason.

30 minutes ago, BuzzAndSting said:

Buzz the CSA is a national sports  Association. Your telling me it’s ok to try to find talented people on Twitter ?? I’m all for  transparency and it needs to happen more, but Twitter ??? Come on ! Do you see hockey Canada, basketball Canada etc do this? 

5 minutes ago, Zem said:

People literally could have just googled "periodization" this whole time, the first thing that comes up is a Wikipedia article that explains the whole concept in detail: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sports_periodization

But I guess they're just running out of ways to take meaningless shots at Herdman for no apparent reason.

I had absolutely no intention to take a shot at Herdman, or anyone else for that matter. I have an incredible amount of respect for him and his methods, he's helped the women's program to two Olymipic medals in two Games. Periodization makes sense and is a great strategy, just maybe not the most well known. If it came across like I was "taking a shot at Herdman" that was certainly not my intention.

45 minutes ago, SpecialK said:

Buzz the CSA is a national sports  Association. Your telling me it’s ok to try to find talented people on Twitter ?? I’m all for  transparency and it needs to happen more, but Twitter ??? Come on ! Do you see hockey Canada, basketball Canada etc do this? 

Organizations post job vacancies on social media all the time, it’s very common practice. You’re really grasping at straws.

40 minutes ago, Jith12 said:

I had absolutely no intention to take a shot at Herdman, or anyone else for that matter. I have an incredible amount of respect for him and his methods, he's helped the women's program to two Olymipic medals in two Games. Periodization makes sense and is a great strategy, just maybe not the most well known. If it came across like I was "taking a shot at Herdman" that was certainly not my intention.

No worries, my comment was probably more harsh than it needed to be; apologies for that. Just pent-up frustration I suppose.

45 minutes ago, BuzzAndSting said:

Organizations post job vacancies on social media all the time, it’s very common practice. You’re really grasping at straws.

You find me a job posting  similar to that job from a national sports body like hockey Canada or basketball Canada or the FA etc on twitter and I’ll take back what I said and eat humble pie. 

Edited by SpecialK

National sports bodies should be top  notch , the best of the best, the best staff , the best coaches , the best players, the best programs and  facilities so they can go out and represent this country against the worlds best. To me trying to find staff on Twitter is amateur and looks bad. But hey what hell do I know I'm just fan. 

18 minutes ago, SpecialK said:

You find me a job posting  similar to that job from a national sports body like hockey Canada or basketball Canada or the FA etc on twitter and I’ll take back what I said and eat humble pie. 

So you’re comparing Hockey Canada and the FA to the CSA?

This flies in the face of your own anti CSA narrative? Wouldn’t you want the widest reach possible to find the best candidate for the job? 

Edit: to further add to this, you complain incessantly about how the CSA needs to be better and more progressive yet you expect them to be exactly like other associations? The FA hasn’t been successful at anything in a generation so maybe you should chose better association.

Edited by BuzzAndSting

4 minutes ago, SpecialK said:

National sports bodies should be top  notch , the best of the best, the best staff , the best coaches , the best players, the best programs and  facilities so they can go out and represent this country against the worlds best. To me trying to find staff on Twitter is amateur and looks bad. But hey what hell do I know I'm just fan. 

I highly doubt that.

27 minutes ago, BuzzAndSting said:

So you’re comparing Hockey Canada and the FA to the CSA?

This flies in the face of your own anti CSA narrative? Wouldn’t you want the widest reach possible to find the best candidate for the job? 

Edit: to further add to this, you complain incessantly about how the CSA needs to be better and more progressive yet you expect them to be exactly like other associations? The FA hasn’t been successful at anything in a generation so maybe you should chose better association.

Yes I am comparing them , why because they national sports body just like the CSA. The FA makes a shit ton of money and England  qualifies for world cups, they must be doing something right. 

Why do you agree with everything the CSA does? And don't say you don't because you do. Ya I do bitch on the CSA alot but when they do something good I give them  props. 

If the CSA  announced Reed is leaving and Ralph Kurger was taking over and john van't schip or Dwight Lodeweges or even Marc Dos Santos was taking over the men's team and a bunch a friendlies were book, man I would buy a huge billboard and put on it Well done CSA! Time to kick some ass !  Giddyup !

Oh I am fan. I love Canada soccer, I was at the game in New Jersey, I bought tickets for the MTL game but couldn't make it because of work. I got my Arfield Jeresy and I wear it with pride. I was planning a trip to Brazil if they got into Copa America. I'm a huge fan thank you very much, don't need to doubt buzz, I just don't have my noise up the CSA ass like you do. Love ya though buzz. 

57 minutes ago, SpecialK said:

Yes I am comparing them , why because they national sports body just like the CSA. The FA makes a shit ton of money and England  qualifies for world cups, they must be doing something right. 

That's like comparing a Ferrari and a Ford, they're both cars so they must be the same. If you don't see the difference please see my previous comments about you being a child.

57 minutes ago, SpecialK said:

Why do you agree with everything the CSA does? And don't say you don't because you do. Ya I do bitch on the CSA alot but when they do something good I give them  props. 

I don't. You've asked me this before and I've answered before. 

59 minutes ago, SpecialK said:

If the CSA  announced Reed is leaving and Ralph Kurger was taking over and john van't schip or Dwight Lodeweges or even Marc Dos Santos was taking over the men's team and a bunch a friendlies were book, man I would buy a huge billboard and put on it Well done CSA! Time to kick some ass !  Giddyup !

Marc Dos Santos would make sense except he's said before he doesn't feel he's ready. As for the others they're not even close to sure things and yet you continue to trot out the same few names that you know.

1 hour ago, SpecialK said:

Oh I am fan. I love Canada soccer, I was at the game in New Jersey, I bought tickets for the MTL game but couldn't make it because of work. I got my Arfield Jeresy and I wear it with pride. I was planning a trip to Brazil if they got into Copa America. I'm a huge fan thank you very much, don't need to doubt buzz, I just don't have my noise up the CSA ass like you do. Love ya though buzz. 

If you are a fan than why don't you just enjoy it? You constantly bitch and complain, how is it even worth it for you? What do you get out of this other than the apparent constant frustration? Please see previous comments about being a troll.

Interesting that you don't actually address what I wrote about your narrative. Do you want the best possible candidate for this job? How would the CSA reach more candidates to increase their chances at finding the most qualified candidate, through their Career page on their website? Through job websites? By posting to social media? 

And as far as your insults please see my previous comments about being a child.