General Discussion on CMNT

Scorpion26

2 hours ago, BuzzAndSting said:

I was thinking that it’s crazy that we now have a few options at almost every position so it’s hard to identify everyone, it’s a good thing to have depth!

Buzz you are so right! it’s an exciting time ! We got some guys who are older but are playing well and  producing. Also we have some young pretty exciting,  huge  potential talent coming up and some duals that are not capped tied yet that could make a huge  difference ! It’s a really good thing to have depth !

Edited by SpecialK

5 minutes ago, SpecialK said:

Buzz you are so right! it’s an exciting time ! We got some guys who are older but are playing well and  producing. Also we have some young pretty exciting,  huge  potential talent coming up and some duals that are not capped tied yet that could make a huge  difference ! It’s a really good thing to have depth !

Forget the duals, focus on the guys who are proud to rep the red.

I kinda wish someone from CSA/Herdman could come out and tell us about their plans for friendlies... If there are no games coming it means CMNT are idle until Sept. To me that's just crazy and if I haven't heard news of a game set up please someone set me right...

I for one am for CMNT to play the 3-5-2, but I see Herdman sticking with the 4-3-3 for a bit longer. @BuzzAndSting is right we can't be worried about duals who are having difficulties making their choices. It is about those players that want to rep the Rouge... Plus CMNT sneakily do have some youngsters coming up most obvious are Davies & Millar. 

1 hour ago, badname22 said:

If we do play a 3atb formation, We should play like Niko Kovac at Frankfurt, in a 3-4-1-2. A good video to watch to see Kovac's fast counter attacking side in this video: 

play like that would not only would it be entertaining but it would give us a better chance against big sides.

That actually would be a nice formation for CMNT... Piette would most likely play the CDM for sure.. Nice vid bro

Yanks have another game lined up, this one with England.  We seriously need some answers about what the focus of the program is if our next competitive matches aren’t until the Fall.  With Oz we started getting some info about the program and I certainly hope this is not one of the casualties with the hiring of the Siz.  Letting people know what the hell is going on will generate more interest in the casual fan and help the Voyageurs know that the obsession with the team is a worthwhile investment of time.

Well the USA gets the pass on the first round of CONCACAF league so they needed friendlies for the fall, so I am not surprised.  But it would be nice to know that there is some sort of plan for the summer as Herdman has been in place for awhile now, and he is one of these new age "communicators".  If he can video conference multiple players, e-mail, phone etc he should be able to draft up an update to keep the fans informed.  Especially when i dont think he has ever met a TV camera he didnt like.  Halftime guest on TFC's chivas game etc.

2 hours ago, Club Linesman said:

Yanks have another game lined up, this one with England.  We seriously need some answers about what the focus of the program is if our next competitive matches aren’t until the Fall.  With Oz we started getting some info about the program and I certainly hope this is not one of the casualties with the hiring of the Siz.  Letting people know what the hell is going on will generate more interest in the casual fan and help the Voyageurs know that the obsession with the team is a worthwhile investment of time.

The USA will also play Italy in November. 

https://www.si.com/soccer/2018/04/13/italy-usa-friendly-november-usmnt

6 hours ago, harrycoyster said:

Is there a top 50 country that doesn't have their friendly's locked in yet for the summer?  Doesn't look like we'll be playing a good team.

Herdman has said that he won't be seeing his players again until Sept. so we won't be playing any friendlies over the summer.

14 minutes ago, dsqpr said:

Herdman has said that he won't be seeing his players again until Sept. so we won't be playing any friendlies over the summer.

That's unacceptable. So in the rest of 2018 the US will play Ireland, England, France, Bolivia, and Italy while we play three teams that combined have less then 10 professional footballers.  Sweet. 

7 hours ago, harrycoyster said:

That's unacceptable. So in the rest of 2018 the US will play Ireland, England, France, Bolivia, and Italy while we play three teams that combined have less then 10 professional footballers.  Sweet. 

Here is some positive spin to get you through the day. We have 3 competitive games this year while USA just play meaningless friendlies.

16 hours ago, harrycoyster said:

Agreed. But it is a problem that has been ongoing for many years now. Let us hope this is the dawn of a new CNL and Herdman inspired era where we finally start playing as many matches as everybody else.

On 4/17/2018 at 12:53 AM, harrycoyster said:

It's crazy to think that CMNT will have 7 months worth of no games... After that I'm thinking of the youth teams do they have things set up for them? To me it's money lost when they could have had several home games, but more importantly its a lost of experience for players and chances to increasing chemistry for the team. 

Even if the NL starts up I want to see Canada fill games in with friendlies if only got one game in the month of these NL games. 

Who is CMNT chance creator  of sort at center mid? Is it Ororio? or someone else?

Edited by Scorpion26

Just to put it in perspective, in 2010 and 2014 WC summers we played in mid may and then not again until mid sept.  In 2006 we went from mar to sept with no games so this is bad but its not exactly new.  I hope alot of emphasis is being placed on that Toulon tournament, it better be a good camp with a full roster of the best youngsters and have Herdman coaching.  

Maybe I'm overly optimistic about what it's purpose is, but I would think in the future that arranging friendlies is something the CSB would help do.  Finding the opponents, arranging the venue, etc.  While reaping the financial rewards of it too.

I know this is the wrong thread for this but I can’t find the right one, but everyone here should read this article if you haven’t already. http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/ottawa/ottawa-soccer-fined-for-england-trip-1.4625265

a U12 girls team from ottawa went to England to play some games, now they are being fined because they broke Ontario soccer rules. 

I can’t believe shit like this happens! A team/club gets fined for taking kids to Europe to experience European football. Is Ontario Soccer Stupid ? 

4 minutes ago, SpecialK said:

I know this is the wrong thread for this but I can’t find the right one, but everyone here should read this article if you haven’t already. http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/ottawa/ottawa-soccer-fined-for-england-trip-1.4625265

a U12 girls team from ottawa went to England to play some games, now they are being fined because they broke Ontario soccer rules. 

I can’t believe shit like this happens! A team/club gets fined for taking kids to Europe to experience European football. Is Ontario Soccer Stupid ? 

Create a new thread.