General Discussion on CMNT

Scorpion26

1 minute ago, CNMNTPERUELIGIBLE said:

To make it clear, I would add in Córdoba for Jakoviç, Tabla for Teibert & Kacher for Atiba (given his age and upside & versatility to play in the midfield)... Not taking anything away from Atiba, he is top-class and has been impressive in his play despite being an aging player, just the fact that its time to turn to the generation of players imo, to boost our chances for ultimate success 

i'm sorry what?? Kacher is a USL guy that made a name for himself last season. and you want to him to replace arguably the best Canadian players of all time who is probably playing at the highest level out of all Canadians currently? also Kacher doesn't have much versatility that we don't already have. He can play LM,RM and CAM just like Hoilett and Davies and Kaye. all of which are playing at a higher level than him. 

Don't even get me started on the fact that you want winger to replace a defensive midfielder. 

2 hours ago, badname22 said:

i'm sorry what?? Kacher is a USL guy that made a name for himself last season. and you want to him to replace arguably the best Canadian players of all time who is probably playing at the highest level out of all Canadians currently? also Kacher doesn't have much versatility that we don't already have. He can play LM,RM and CAM just like Hoilett and Davies and Kaye. all of which are playing at a higher level than him. 

Don't even get me started on the fact that you want winger to replace a defensive midfielder. 

OK.... Who do we currently have in our pool as DM that can play in for Atiba, whenever he is not available for call-up? Who would you consider to be promising in that role or sadly do we not have anyone? 

17 minutes ago, SpecialK said:

CF - Marcus Haber

Nooooooooooooooo

...sorry Marcus. 

Would certainly have Tesho first. Really thought he looked good last year for Dallas. Although he has played more a league lower Zanatta would be worth a look imo. Could certainly say Haber is above him but have been impressed once by him and television smashing frustrated the rest. 

Interesting on Wotherspoon. Not that they would have that much more info than us unless informed by the player/agent. 

2 hours ago, SpecialK said:

What about these players ? 

LB - Cristián Gutiérrez

CM - Massih Wassey

CB - Adam Straith

CDM - Daniel Stanese

GK - Yann-Alexandre Fillion

CM - David Wotherspoon ( trademarket just changed his flag icon to Scotland and Canada ) 

CF - Marcus Haber

Pleased to see straith get another mention. I felt he, along with tesho, never got a real chance with oz. While i don't think he's a top 11, he's a strong player who can do a lot in many roles and he's still pretty young.

Wotherspoon is a great unknown still. A strong history in the spl but not sure if he's playing at the level we want for the xi. Really want to see him suit up for canada becAuse, even if he's not a starter, he's been around and knows the game in a way few Canadians likely do.

Gutirrez feels like an unknown still as well. Tough to say where he'll be im 5 years but if we can get him he'll be a boost to the d.

While we're sorta talking fence sitters: nick hagglund. I belive he's lived in Toronto full time since joining tfc in 2014 so he might have pr by now and could be eligible for citizenship as soon as next year (iirc). He's proved to be a decent mls guy and likely isn't dropping from mls if he leaves toronto. Where do you guys see him maybe fitting into a CAnadian line up?

6 minutes ago, toontownman said:

If he has been here the whole time he could certainly apply this year. Not sure if he is interested or not. He would add decent depth and possibly push for starting imo. A good age too. 

I've run into him a few times around town durimg the off season so can't say for certain but i don't see someone coming to town solely for a haircut or coffee in Kensington.

Whether he wants to is a good question.

5 minutes ago, dsqpr said:

I prefer Vitoria to Straith. I think Straith makes too many mistakes.

I agree straith isn't the best hence seeing him as a utility sub sort. Vitoria i really don't know with his age but do think he might have 2019s gold cup in him. he gettinf good minutes in Poland?

Edited by matty

4 minutes ago, dsqpr said:

Don't know matty, just going by what I've seen for Canada. Only just turned 31 so still has a full 4 year cycle in him.

Our 3rd choice CB for me.

He might at least has 2019 in him. I largely agree he's #3 or maybe 4 right now. I want to see him get minutes which is my maim issue with him. Love to see him do cpl (same with straith).

On 19/02/2018 at 8:33 PM, Serge said:

Assuming that all players eligible (capped or not) make themselves available for Canada, what do people think would be our best 11?

5a91c41f3bf6c_lineup(1).png.d496ecdff20c4b8a994d05f104ee00cd.png

I've always liked the 4-4-2 diamond. I think that we look pretty good like this. Thoughts? (I didn't want to get ahead of myself so I didn't include fence sitters)

10 minutes ago, harrycoyster said:

Our team doesn't spent enough time together to make the diamond work. Requires more practice than any formation in soccer.

That is a very good point. It is quite a technical formation that requires good chemistry. Would probably work well in theory but maybe not in reality. What about a 3-5-2? I'm not too sure how much practice that would need to make it work.

36 minutes ago, Jith12 said:

I've always liked the 4-4-2 diamond. I think that we look pretty good like this. Thoughts? (I didn't want to get ahead of myself so I didn't include fence sitters)

I love the idea of getting Cavallini and Larin on the field together.  Hoilett can also play right so in this formation your most likely starters would be Davies on left and Hoilett on right to get your best players on the field.

44 minutes ago, Jith12 said:

Swap Straith for James... I would also put in Wotherspoon instead of Aird, as it looks as though, he is committing to us, not sure if you read that Sun article we posted here a few days ago... Coincidentally another Scott, lmao... All the Scotnadians(as I jokingly call them)  are jumping ship, lol...Otherwise I really like your lineup bud... Also, can you or anybody show me how to build up my own lineup??? I got the site downloaded on my phone and will like to share it with you guys and see what you think.. 

6 minutes ago, CNMNTPERUELIGIBLE said:

Swap Straith for James... I would also put in Wotherspoon instead of Aird, as it looks as though, he is committing to us, not sure if you read that Sun article we posted here a few days ago... Coincidentally another Scott, lmao... All the Scotnadians(as I jokingly call them)  are jumping ship, lol...Otherwise I really like your lineup bud... Also, can you or anybody show me how to build up my own lineup??? I got the site downloaded on my phone and will like to share it with you guys and see what you think.. 

Most lineup builders have a "download" function that lets you download the lineup as an image. Then you can insert it into the post. If it won't let you download, try taking a screenshot and post that. Regarding Wotherspoon, I did read the article. I just don't want to include anyone who hasn't been capped. If (hopefully when) he plays in March he would probably get the right mid role.

Edited by Jith12