General Discussion on CMNT

Scorpion26

Any word on injuries our lads might've picked up in the last match?  (I presume Herdman will be mum about such things going forward.)

The big question: Will our lads be able to recover sufficiently to play Croatia with intensity similar to what we showed versus Belgium? Who comes on for Hutch? I presume Hoillet does not start.  Does Adegkube start? Who plays with Staq in the middle? (Maybe I should be asking these questions in the game thread.)

2 hours ago, jhoops__ said:

For perspective Fox drew 8 mill viewers for the US opener v Wales.  
Massive numbers for Canada !

3.7 million Canadians would be the equivalent of about 32 million Americans watching.

Soccer is way more popular per capita in Canada compared to the USA

Edited by narduch

6 hours ago, jhoops__ said:

For perspective Fox drew 8 mill viewers for the US opener v Wales.  
Massive numbers for Canada !

It was actually closer to 12M in the US if you include the Telemundo (Spanish broadcast) numbers.  But, still, point taken. 

I wonder if Herdman will actually take the blame on how he set up in the post game presser.

He's been spot on in WCQ but I remember after that embarrassment against the US in Orlando in 2019 he didn't take responsibility for how the team was set up in that game.

Just focus on building for the 2026 FIFA World Cup especially since Canada is hosting alongside USA and Mexico. Especially now that Canada is eliminated, we may as well turn our attention to that which means building a team for 2026 and preparing for that tournament which is in our own backyard. May as well prepare for that by playing friendly matches and also turning our attention towards Gold Cup and CONCACAF Nations League.

13 minutes ago, DeRo_Is_King said:

With our chances of advancing completely dashed, I'm genuinely curious to know who is going to replace Borjan and Vitoria at the next WC. 

Borjan has genuine replacement candidates.  But Vitoria?  There's a very good question, I have no idea who's either in the pipeline, or if there's any potential dual nationals looking for a WC 2026 spot.

6 minutes ago, eramosat said:

Borjan has genuine replacement candidates.  But Vitoria?  There's a very good question, I have no idea who's either in the pipeline, or if there's any potential dual nationals looking for a WC 2026 spot.

Yes. I would say Crepeau for Borjan, but that depends on how he bounces back from injury. Actually, it may be Borjan again in 2026. 

Edited by DeRo_Is_King

2 minutes ago, DeRo_Is_King said:

Yes. I would say Crepeau for Borjan, but that depends on how he bounces back from injury. Actually, it may be Borjan again in 2026. 

If Crepeau never comes back the same, I think St Clair would be a fine choice, assuming his career progresses well. Beyond that. We have quite a drop off. 

3 minutes ago, eramosat said:

Thats a couple years away before we start the serious prep.  Who knows where a guy will come from...in 2018 Buchanon, Miller and Johnston were in College, Lareya was washing out in Orlando and Eustaquio was still a dual.  Just need to keep the pipelines open, keep the kids progressing in CPL/MLS and with the exposure from this WC maybe another big dual or two comes our way.  

5 minutes ago, VinceA said:

I wonder what our future formations will look like. On some level perhaps it's time to end the 3atb.

We have too many midfielders in the pool and too many wingers to sacrifice one or the other.

I'

All depends on whether we can find/ develop/trust two strong CBs.

In my opinion. Miller is really good at some things but plays best in a 3 at high level.

Edited by WestHamCanadianinOxford