General Discussion on CMNT

Scorpion26

Apparently Canada haven't shown up for their media availability.

edit: And they have missed it so now Belgium is going first lmao

nvm, Canada got there and are now going first. Belgium must not be thrilled lmao

Edited by VinceA

6 hours ago, PegCityCam said:

I like the Adekugbe shout out- he’s so good for Canada, I really hope teams take notice. 

still unsold on Kamal Miller making a move- I think it’s more likely that Osorio, who has just hired an agent who specializes in moves to England, makes a move. I think he’s also selling Eustaquio short! Would think better teams than Wolves would come calling if he has a good WC.

31 minutes ago, InglewoodJack said:

I like the Adekugbe shout out- he’s so good for Canada, I really hope teams take notice. 

still unsold on Kamal Miller making a move- I think it’s more likely that Osorio, who has just hired an agent who specializes in moves to England, makes a move. I think he’s also selling Eustaquio short! Would think better teams than Wolves would come calling if he has a good WC.

I don't understand why Osorio wants to go to England, of all European options. Does not seem like the most obvious cultural fit, and certainly not where I'd expect him to have the most opportunity for his strengths as a player to come through.

1 minute ago, jonovision said:

I don't understand why Osorio wants to go to England, of all European options. Does not seem like the most obvious cultural fit, and certainly not where I'd expect him to have the most opportunity for his strengths as a player to come through.

I am $ure he ha$ hi$ rea$on$.  

37 minutes ago, jonovision said:

The Olympiacos rumours seem like a better fit, I agree. I don’t know if money is a differentiator, as he’s earning pretty well at TFC. Maybe he’s at his age where he wants to chase the same dream every young player wants- hard for me to picture Osorio in the premier league, but he has a good World Cup, a championship team signs him and he plays well through end of season, in September an EPL team takes a flyer on him… not saying that scenario is likely, but I can understand how the player himself might see that potential and decide to go for it. If he flames out in England, he’ll have a spot at TFC waiting for him when he comes back. 

8 hours ago, PegCityCam said:

Strange article, they consider Bauer Leverkusen a mid/Lower team in one example but a top table in another. And doesn’t Bilbao only sign guys from the Basque region?

Edited by Fresh Prince of MTL
Typo

2 minutes ago, Fresh Prince of MTL said:

Series article, they consider Bauer Leverkusen a mid/Lower team in one example but a top table in another. And doesn’t Bilbao only sign guys from the Basque region?

I think they have slightly relaxed those rules in recent years, but I think every single player on their team and reserves currently is either Basque, trained in the Basque region or has ancestral ties to the region. I don’t think they make an exception for any of our players who don’t have the slightest connection to the region.

51 minutes ago, Fresh Prince of MTL said:

Series article, they consider Bauer Leverkusen a mid/Lower team in one example but a top table in another. And doesn’t Bilbao only sign guys from the Basque region?

Thanks, you have to be Basque to play for Athletic Club, or have developed in the Basque Country. Just proves how seriously stupid these transfer predictions are. This is the old way guys, the amateur way, picking teams out of hats with no foundation in real interest.

Total waste this stuff, they're playing FIFA.