General Discussion on CMNT

Scorpion26

1 hour ago, Sal333 said:

Kilbane is Irish and there's no love lost on the part of the Irish when it comes to England.

At the risk of putting the cat amongst the pidgeons again with another of these:

Which is little funny since he was born in Preston and never lived in Ireland, made his living in the English leagues and sounds like he from Preston. 

Edited by WestHamCanadianinOxford

Some bulletin board material for our team - Frank LeBoeuf has picked Canada to make the semi-finals, although the rest of the ESPN panel was pretty much laughing at him even for predicting that we will make it out of the group. The three Brits on the panel even make the claim that Canada never previously been to a World Cup before LeBoeuf corrects them:

55 minutes ago, Gian-Luca said:

Some bulletin board material for our team - Frank LeBoeuf has picked Canada to make the semi-finals, although the rest of the ESPN panel was pretty much laughing at him even for predicting that we will make it out of the group. The three Brits on the panel even make the claim that Canada never previously been to a World Cup before LeBoeuf corrects them:

bulletin material, which part?

No way our goal is to make it the semi finals, absolutely no way.

Our target must be to leave the group. 

22 minutes ago, Shway said:

bulletin material, which part?

No way our goal is to make it the semi finals, absolutely no way.

Our target must be to leave the group. 

The bit where the mere mentioning of Canada advancing out of the group gets derisively laughed at by three British twits who also think that Canada has never made it to a World Cup before, the latter indicating a typical level of ignorance by pundits about Canada. Although I guess you'll have to take my word for it now as it seems that the video has been blocked now in Canada after I posted it, something ESPN FC doesn't normally do to Canadians with their youtube channel.

I’ve been thinking about who I would start next month if I were Herdman and I came up with some ideas that I thought I would share. This is a line up that I would go with if we had everyone healthy but because Hutch and Oso are questionable my replacements would probably have to be Piette and Kone. (Maybe Arfield but I don’t actually care about that debate) I would like to see us shift between a 4-2-3-1 (4-5-1) and a 5-2-1-2 where Davies moves up top with David, Johnston drops as a RCB etc. I think this would make us very dangerous on the counter attacks and unpredictable. 

53007B73-EC1A-4B5A-ACF6-42564DAA680D.png

93F40117-9725-43CF-B0A1-23BD7070A4D8.png

1 hour ago, Craig11rm said:

I’ve been thinking about who I would start next month if I were Herdman and I came up with some ideas that I thought I would share. This is a line up that I would go with if we had everyone healthy but because Hutch and Oso are questionable my replacements would probably have to be Piette and Kone. (Maybe Arfield but I don’t actually care about that debate) I would like to see us shift between a 4-2-3-1 (4-5-1) and a 5-2-1-2 where Davies moves up top with David, Johnston drops as a RCB etc. I think this would make us very dangerous on the counter attacks and unpredictable. 

I don't I owe if any of you have run into this issue but when my save made it to the 2026 fifa world cup because the season ends and a new one loads I would have some players in their 30s RETIRE IN THE MIDDLE OF THE WORLD CUP LIKE BRUH OSORIO AND PIETTE CANT YOU WAIT A FEW MORE WEEKS?

3 hours ago, Craig11rm said:

That’s pretty much my starting line up with the possible exception of Kone or Arfield in for Osorio.

11 hours ago, Gian-Luca said:

Is that where this is from?

If this happens, you basically have to start building the bronze statues in front of parliament. Every player too.

13 hours ago, WestHamCanadianinOxford said:

At the risk of putting the cat amongst the pidgeons again with another of these:

Which is little funny since he was born in Preston and never lived in Ireland, made his living in the English leagues and sounds like he from Preston. 

On another clip posted a few weeks ago he was talking about playing for your national team. He said he never thought of playing for England because he wasn't English. He was Irish. Maybe it was just a case of sour grapes (couldn't make the English team).

On a personal note. I was born Catholic in Montreal. In those days the school boards were divided along linguistic (English & French) and religious (Catholic & Protestant) lines. In the 1960s the French Canadians did not welcome immigrants into their school system so I ended up in the English Catholic school board. When my generation of Italian-Canadian kids hit that school board it was populated mainly with Irish Catholic. So I grew up with Italians and Irish. I gotta tell you if there was one group that held onto to their heritage more than Italians it was the Irish I grew up with. Example: I don't remember ever singing God Save The Queen or Oh Canada at the start of school. Instead we sang When Irish Eyes Are Smiling. Years later I saw the irony in that. That song was American and not Irish. Go figure.

Edited by Sal333

12 hours ago, Gian-Luca said:

The semis?! Jeeze, Le Boeuf makes me look like a Downer Dan and I'm one of the few on this board who picked the Canucks to get to the knockout round.

11 hours ago, Gian-Luca said:

The bit where the mere mentioning of Canada advancing out of the group gets derisively laughed at by three British twits who also think that Canada has never made it to a World Cup before, the latter indicating a typical level of ignorance by pundits about Canada. Although I guess you'll have to take my word for it now as it seems that the video has been blocked now in Canada after I posted it, something ESPN FC doesn't normally do to Canadians with their youtube channel.

I have a VPN and I still couldn't find it on their youtube channel. Do you remember when it was posted on their channel?