General Discussion on CMNT

Scorpion26

14 hours ago, Sal333 said:

Although I hate to say this - I'm a huge CSA detractor - maybe this nondisclosure could be more of a Herdman attempt at a 4 dimensional chess move than a CSA pratfall. Let your opponents try and guess who you're bringing over. I've never been a soccer manager and I haven't played one on TV but I think this is overkill. But I, also, am not the manager that brought a bumbling soccer nation to its first WC participation in 36 years.

I have always noticed that Herdmann always reallises the rister litterally at the last moment . So no big deal

11 hours ago, BrennanFan said:

This has nothing to do with preventing teams from scouting us.  Everyone, including us, knows who our top 21 players are.  No reason on earth not to share the provisional squad except laziness and simply not giving an F about sharing info with the fanbase.  

I dont see the benefit here to sharing the name of the squad.   Whether I find out now what the squad is or in three weeks makes no difference to me because what matters is who is on the final roster.  As someone else aptly put it, the squad pretty much picks itself.  Probably 85-90% of the squad can be easily known and penciled in.   When I know what the final squad is, that's what will count for me because it wont make a difference if so and so was on the prelim roster and not picked as long as i know the final roster

Edited by Free kick

The hate on miller is too much, everyone has bad games also think he’s more of a central CB than a outside, still think he’s one of our best CBs and will go to Europe soon. Johnston is so damn good could probably play in the prem. Koné showed his flashes and was class in the first half but made some mistakes but I think he should start at least 1 game in Qatar. Piette wasn’t good, shouldn’t start in Qatar. Pantemis sucks Sirius should get a chance. Waterman isn’t good enough for the NT and the MLS is his level. ZBG is really good and should look at going to Ligue 1 or starting for Montreal next year.

7 minutes ago, narduch said:

If you want to match Herdman's formation it will probably have 2 strikers

He does most of the time , though I think we would have benefited from having a midfielder instead of Larin against Uruguay.  So more a 3-2-3-1-1

Whether we will have fit midfielders to put there is the question.   

11 hours ago, Kadenge said:

Given that Akinola suffered a major injury in his first game for Canada vs the USA of all teams, JH will probably want to reward him  with a call up. 

Akinola has been abysmal for TFC. He has not looked the same since that injury. Poor guy, not blaming him i do feel for him. But, I do not want him anywhere near a CanMNT jersey at this time.

Edited by Ally McCoist

1 hour ago, Ally McCoist said:

Akinola has been abysmal for TFC. He has not looked the same since that injury. Poor guy, not blaming him i do feel for him. But, I do not want him anywhere near a CanMNT jersey at this time.

This is why I find it strange that people think Wotherspoon is a WC lock coming off the same injury with barely any playing time.