General Discussion on CMNT

Scorpion26

From the media list

"Unavailable for the September camp are injured players Doneil Henry of Toronto FC, Atiba Hutchinson of Beşiktaş JK and David Wotherspoon of St. Johnstone FC in Scotland."

Adding the 3 injured,  there was a list of 30 players.  I wonder if this is the pool for the WC that is being considered for selection in November.

This was likely the last opportunity for fringe players to make a push for the roster.  And unless there is a surprise rise in play from a European based Canadian and/or a strong end to MLS/Playoffs from a Montreal player such as ZBG, I think we have our list of players in the running for the 26 man roster.

Let's just all assume that our 3 Goalkeeper spots are confirmed which I believe we can all agree on.  That means that the following 27 players will be playing for a spot on the final 23 spots for Qatar.

Defenders

Adekugbe

Cornelius

Johnston

Kennedy

Laryea

Miller

Vitoria

Waterman

Doneil

Midfielders

Eustaquio

Kaye

Kone

Osorio

Piette

Hutchinson

Wotherspoon

Attackers

Davies

Cavallini

Corbeanu

David

Junior

Koleosho

Larin

Millar

Ugbo

Brym

Tajon

Assuming that Henry (Brotherhood) and Atiba are locks if healthy.  The fact that Wotherspoon was mentioned in the presser (and given our lack of depth in midfield) makes me think Herdman absolutely still considers him a potential return for Qatar.  That would mean that 4 players from the current roster may be dropped for Qatar.  Brym is the only obvious choice for me.  Who else?  Corbeanu? Koleosho? Cornelius?

Edited by Corazon

Really sucks for ZBG. If Ritchie or AJ get injured we would need him. Nelson is unlucky too. It might have been wise to just take a few more Fringe players but I guess at least both of the above wouldn't be new to the program and know what to expect. 

This is our locked in pool for Qatar. (Injured players aside). Excited and happy with it!

Also excited for the period of renewal and next round of new faces in 2023. 

25 minutes ago, Vasi said:

Is it confirmed that Jebbison was going to play? Why are ppl saying that Brym is his replacement?

Brym hasn’t done much this year and was recently send down to the second division, so not necessarily a guy who’d get a call with all options open, but he’s a young promising player in Europe like Jebbison, who signs indicated might come play for us until he was called up by England.