General Discussion on CMNT

Scorpion26

56 minutes ago, Fullback said:

Example 3 - England just released theirs a couple of hours ago

And I'm sure they'll call in replacement players if an injury occurs this weekend.  Or because they have an extended 28 man roster, they may actually drop a couple players from it.  

1 hour ago, Corazon said:

I got an even better one

What purpose does it serve to hold out on releasing an extended roster?  Or what purpose does it serve to be the last to drop the roster?

Knowing how detailed Herdman is, I'm sure there is a reason but it's not like its hurt other countries successes.

My point is that there shouldn't be a release of an extended roster.  You release the roster of who will be at the camp.  When you release an extended roster, you list a number of players that won't be there.  Questions then come up: Why did you drop X from the preliminary roster but kept Y?  Then, when the roster is released, the entire time is spent on the players that aren't there rather than the players that are.

To me, it doesn't really matter either way.  I'm just presenting the opposite viewpoint.  However, I do think that this is the silliest of complaints.

1 hour ago, Floortom said:

This type of stuff just alienates fans. You can shout “what difference does it make!” all you want but at the end of the day it pisses off your hard core supporters. And for what reason? Apparently only Canada has clued into the magical importance of ensuring you’re always last to release the roster 

Nah, you're already hooked.  Whether they dropped the roster last week or they drop it tomorrow, you'll still come back because you will forget all this by the time the game is played.

Plus the anticipation grows every day.  Isn't that fun?

2 minutes ago, El Hombre said:

Nah, you're already hooked.  Whether they dropped the roster last week or they drop it tomorrow, you'll still come back because you will forget all this by the time the game is played.

Plus the anticipation grows every day.  Isn't that fun?

btw did you lend your eye glasses to Wheeler? He is wearing a pair that look very similar to yours!