General Discussion on CMNT

Scorpion26

7 hours ago, InglewoodJack said:

I’m not sure what is going on here, poutine is famously known as a Toronto based delicacy. 

To be fair, your original post stated Smoke's Poutine.  Yes poutine originally comes from Quebec but Smoke's Poutine does come from Toronto or the Greater Toronto area originally.  It's expanded to several hundred locations across Canada & the US.

4 minutes ago, Corazon said:

To be fair, your original post stated Smoke's Poutine.  Yes poutine originally comes from Quebec but Smoke's Poutine does come from Toronto or the Greater Toronto area originally.  It's expanded to several hundred locations across Canada & the US.

Simpsons Thats The Joke GIF

37 minutes ago, Corazon said:

Yeah, I know. The joke was that Smokes is to poutine like Quesada is to Mexican food- bland, unauthentic and subpar. I find Canada having an “official Mexican food” sponsor a funny phrase, just like if Mexico had an official poutine sponsor and they chose some random restaurant that wasn’t even from Quebec.

17 minutes ago, InglewoodJack said:

Yeah, I know. The joke was that Smokes is to poutine like Quesada is to Mexican food- bland, unauthentic and subpar. I find Canada having an “official Mexican food” sponsor a funny phrase, just like if Mexico had an official poutine sponsor and they chose some random restaurant that wasn’t even from Quebec.

Right over my head and absolutely accurate on both Quesada & Smoke’s 😂

After seeing Cyle Larin and Jonathan David miss penalties in the last while, I did a quick search as to how some of our regulars have done.  I got stats from transfermarkt.us for penalties taken during regular play  - I'm not sure the last time we've been involved in a shoot out to decide a knock-out game.

Name / Taken / Scored / Missed

David 10 / 7 / 3 (1 for 1 with Canada)

Hoilett 9 / 5 / 4 (3 for 4 with Canada)

Larin 5 / 2 / 3 (both successful ones were with Canada, all 3 misses with club)

Davies 2 / 2 / 0 (both Canada)

Vitoria 15 / 13 / 2  (was 9 for 9 in 2012/13)

Ugbo  6 / 6 / 0

Osorio 1 / 0 / 1

Cavallini 11 / 7 / 4 (1 for 2 for Canada)

Millar 2 / 2 / 0

Hutchinson 2 / 2 / 0 (1 for 1 for Canada)

As you see, not very spectacular overall.  The big positive news, however, is that as a National team we've scored 8 in a row (Davies, Hoilett, Larin, David) - Cavallini was the last to miss in the 2019 Gold Cup v Jamaica.