General Discussion on CMNT

Scorpion26

14 minutes ago, Sal333 said:

Let me preface what I'm gonna say with I'm an old white fart with an Italian heritage.

I don't agree with that choice of music. It's not representative of the players on that team. Let the players with their multicultural & multi-ethnic BG choose the song. Also, I'm not a big fan of Celine.

I think it could be seen as an option just because its so stereotypically Canadian. But I agree, it'd be hilariously awful. That being said, one of the clips making the rounds from their post-game celebrations was them singing Wonderwall which is almost as bad

Not sure how it'd be done, but would kinda be interesting to get the players to pick one for us. The thought of some of the older Vs potentially having to learn a Drake song would be pretty incredible

It really was a special three games stretch we just experienced. It really is great to see this country getting behind this in team dating back to September with big crowds in the stands and TV ratings nearing a million viewers as we saw for the US game. A big part of that is John Herdman just letting this team play, he is such a players coach. What a beauty of a guy. 

10 minutes ago, Approve My Account Pls said:

I think it could be seen as an option just because its so stereotypically Canadian. But I agree, it'd be hilariously awful. That being said, one of the clips making the rounds from their post-game celebrations was them singing Wonderwall which is almost as bad

Not sure how it'd be done, but would kinda be interesting to get the players to pick one for us. The thought of some of the older Vs potentially having to learn a Drake song would be pretty incredible

I mean, fan songs don't really have much relation to the players.  I don't think many Liverpool players are listening to Gerry and the Pacemakers in their free time.  I doubt any non-Geordie Newcastle player can even understand the words to Blaydon Races, nevermind sing them.

As always, I will suggest the newer Maple Leaf Forever, but realistically its very difficult to pull this off without consistent home matches (or if we get a World Cup song that gets played ad-nauseum).

1 hour ago, TGAA_Star said:

But as soon as we qualify officially, everyone's focus is going to be on the Draw in April

And then a big celebration will come in June with the Nation's League matches as people will just be able to sit back, enjoy a day out with everyone singing, dancing etc. with the beer flowing without the stress. Especially if its against a minnow that Canada will blow up, it will just be a day just to take all in, thinking man this team is going to the "World Cup". 

1 hour ago, Sal333 said:

Let me preface what I'm gonna say with I'm an old white fart with an Italian heritage.

I don't agree with that choice of music. It's not representative of the players on that team. Let the players with their multicultural & multi-ethnic BG choose the song. Also, I'm not a big fan of Celine.

Well, the players were singing "Gasolina" while celebrating the win on Wednesday.  Perhaps as good an anthem as any other? 😄

Nominations for Concacaf player of the year: 

Antonio

David

Davies

Lozano

McKennie

Pulisic 

Quote: "West Ham and Jamaica’s Michail Antonio will face off against Chelsea’s Christian Pulisic (US) and Bayern Munich’s Alfonso Davies (Canada), in the vote for the Concacaf player of the year.

Also nominated are Jonathan David (Lille and Canada), Hirving Lozano (Napoli and Mexico) and Weston Mckennie (Juventus and USA)."

Pulisic, Antonio and Davies headline Concacaf player of year nominees - Inside World Football

Edited by Free kick

On 2/3/2022 at 12:37 PM, Stryker911 said:

Updated stats for our players so far in the Ocho.

Player Team Age Starts Sub Appearance Unused Sub Minutes Goals  Assits
Alistair Johnston Montreal 23 9 2   837    
Richie Laryea Nottingham 26 9 1   814   2
Jonathan David  Lille 21 9 2   803 5 3
Tajon Buchanan Club Brugge 22 8 2   733 2 1
Stephen Eustaquio Porto 24 8 1   715   1
Sam Adekugbe Hatayspor 26 7 3 1 701 1  
Steven Vitoria Moreirense 34 7 1 1 683    
Kamal Miller Montreal 24 7 2 2 668   1
Alphonso Davies Bayern Munich 21 7     599 1 3
Jonathan Osorio Toronto 29 5 4 1 494 1  
Atiba Hutchinson Besiktas 38 5 2   462 2  
Cyle Larin Besiktas 26 5 2 1 417 5  
Mark-Anthony Kaye Colorado 26 5 3 2 406    
Doneil Henry Unattached 28 4   7 307    
Junior Hoilett Reading 31 4 2 1 302    
Scott Kennedy Regensburg 24 3 1 2 232    
Liam Millar Basel 22 3 1 4 206    
Samuel Piette Montreal 27 2 2 7 143    
David Wotherspoon St. Johnstone 31 1 2 4 105    
Liam Fraser Deinze 23   4 4 99   1
Derek Cornelius Panetolikos 23 1   7 90    
Lucas Cavallini Vancouver 28   3 3 23    
Charles-Andreas Brym FC Eindhoven 23   3   14    
Ike Ugbo Troyes 23   2 3 13    
Jacob Shaffelburg Toronto 21   2 1 10    
Zachary Brault-Guiillard Montreal 22   1 3 7    
Christian Gutierrez Vancouver 24     2 0    
              GA  
Milan Borjn Red Star 34 8     720 3  
Maxime Crepeau Vancouver 27 3   8 270 2  
James Pantemis Montreal 24     8 0    
Dayne St. Clair Minnesota 24     3 0    
Jason Leutwiler Oldham 32     3 0    

Just curious where you sourced your data? At a cursory glance I can see we have a few minor discrepancies in our spreadsheets (ex.I have Johnston at 846 vs. 837), but I suspect that’s down to me using FotMob which rounds up for some reason. If you get subbed out in the 60th minute, the app credits the player with 61 mins.

Either way it’s nice to have someone else’s data to check against.

3 hours ago, Free kick said:

Antonio

David

Davies

Lozano

McKennie

Pulisic 

Quote: "West Ham and Jamaica’s Michail Antonio will face off against Chelsea’s Christian Pulisic (US) and Bayern Munich’s Alfonso Davies (Canada), in the vote for the Concacaf player of the year.

Also nominated are Jonathan David (Lille and Canada), Hirving Lozano (Napoli and Mexico) and Weston Mckennie (Juventus and USA)."

Pulisic, Antonio and Davies headline Concacaf player of year nominees - Inside World Football

Probably worth noting that there is a fan component to that vote. Should we all try to vote in a block for one of the Canadians? (Probably Davies)

https://www.concacaf.com/concacaf-awards/

Edit: After thinking about it for a bit, I ultimately voted for David, but I still think Larin had a bigger year than either of them within CONCACAF.

Edited by footballfreak

On 2/7/2022 at 9:27 PM, Free kick said:

Antonio

David

Davies

Lozano

McKennie

Pulisic 

As far as who would get my vote, it definitely would be Alphonso Davies 

On 2/8/2022 at 12:34 AM, footballfreak said:

Just curious where you sourced your data? At a cursory glance I can see we have a few minor discrepancies in our spreadsheets (ex.I have Johnston at 846 vs. 837), but I suspect that’s down to me using FotMob which rounds up for some reason. If you get subbed out in the 60th minute, the app credits the player with 61 mins.

Either way it’s nice to have someone else’s data to check against.

I use flashscore. Possibly in regards to stoppage time. I don't give any extra time past 90 even if there is alot of stoppage time. I was missing ga few. Instead but was too lazy to double check.