General Discussion on CMNT

Scorpion26

40 minutes ago, OhCanadaOhBaby said:

It was definitely Kaye. He was the catalyst of the whole financial gripe against the CSA and was the one who brought the American law firm into it. I respect him for wearing the Maple Leaf and representing his country, but it would not surprise me if he has been one of Westhead's biggest sources over the years; however, not sure how he would be involved as much with this new story. 

Your first and last sentences don't add up. I get that some people don't like MAK for the red card in WCQ etc, but speculating in this situation is not helpful.

36 minutes ago, narduch said:

The fact that Israel hasn't even been banned from these Olympics sort of brings to light that this is all a charade anyways.

It's more about giving the appearance of fairness and equality than actually caring about it.

People consider the IOC (and FIFA for that matter) to be 2 of the most corrupt organizations in the world for a reason.

Wtf are you talking about, how are Israeli athletes cheating? How are their governments actions affecting sporting fairness? That's one of the more ridiculous things I've seen here and I haven't blocked Javier or andrew7

Just now, Mattd97 said:

Wtf are you talking about, how are Israeli athletes cheating? How are their governments actions affecting sporting fairness? That's one of the more ridiculous things I've seen here and I haven't blocked Javier or andrew7

The IOC actually has a rule that countries are supposed to not be doing war during the Olympics. And Israeli hasn't stopped their atrocities in Gaza at all during this time.

And that isn't even getting into the fact that the IOC has banned Russia and Belarus for these same Olympic.

So ya. I do think it's relevant

5 minutes ago, narduch said:

The IOC actually has a rule that countries are supposed to not be doing war during the Olympics. And Israeli hasn't stopped their atrocities in Gaza at all during this time.

And that isn't even getting into the fact that the IOC has banned Russia and Belarus for these same Olympic.

It's relevant to canada filming a practice and getting deducted points for cheating?

3 minutes ago, narduch said:

Can you stop with the fucking Israel stuff? You can't go a thread without and seems really like you're just an anti semite. 

Jewish schools and synagogues are being shot up in this country and this sort of rhetoric is the is the stuff being echoed by the people doing it. 

3 minutes ago, yomurphy1 said:

Can you stop with the fucking Israel stuff? You can't go a thread without and seems really like you're just an anti semite. 

Jewish schools and synagogues are being shot up in this country and this sort of rhetoric is the is the stuff being echoed by the people doing it. 

I'm not anti semetic.

I am against oppression.

Please put me on ignore if you want to continue to be ignorant to reality

1 hour ago, CanadaFan123 said:

I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again - there is absolutely nothing to be gained from the men’s POV in being affiliated to the women’s program. They are an absolute anchor.

As if the women's team wasn't completely carrying national team soccer in this country until the last couple of years.

6 minutes ago, Colonel Green said:

As if the women's team wasn't completely carrying national team soccer in this country until the last couple of years.

They were/are the better team, yes. What benefit does intermingling the teams have to the men though? It’s a give relationship with no take. I think the women would be better off for it as well. 

2 hours ago, narduch said:

I'm not anti semetic.

I am against oppression.

Please put me on ignore if you want to continue to be ignorant to reality

Last and only thing I will say on this:

Many, many nations are guilty of oppression and even killing people within their borders, as well as supporting the same abroad (state sponsored terrorism)

If your goal is fairness, singling out one is an attempt to ignore the actual reality of the world. 

7 minutes ago, WestHamCanadianinOxford said:

Many, many nations are guilty of oppression and even killing people within their borders, as well as supporting the same abroad (state sponsored terrorism)

If your goal is fairness, singling out one is an attempt to ignore the actual reality of the world. 

I'm not really a big fan of whataboutism. 

I can hate actions of multiple nations at once. Don't think I have to list them all. Just wanted to point out the hypocrisy.

Only pointed out one of the more egregious current examples

5 minutes ago, narduch said:

I can hate actions of multiple nations at once. Don't think I have to list them all. Just wanted to point out the hypocrisy.

There is no hypocrisy in asking for one and not all to be banned?

Edited by WestHamCanadianinOxford

3 minutes ago, narduch said:

You're being very tiresome in your strident insist-aboutism.  Maybe find a better outlet for your anger, and let your forum buddies enjoy their Canada football forum.  Instead of visiting any thread you feel like to point out the hypocrisy.

4 minutes ago, eramosat said:

You're being very tiresome in your strident insist-aboutism.  Maybe find a better outlet for your anger, and let your forum buddies enjoy their Canada football forum.  Instead of visiting any thread you feel like to point out the hypocrisy.

Please. If you hate it put me on ignore.

Sorry if I have a sense of justice that is too difficult for some here

1 minute ago, narduch said:

Please. If you hate it put me on ignore.

Sorry if I have a sense of justice that is too difficult for some here

I don't want to ignore an important and worthy forum contributor.  I want them to come back down.

9 hours ago, InglewoodJack said:

And I think that because of the NFL's (and the CFL to a lesser degree) shameful lack of actions when it comes to concoctions, they should do the right thing and disband their leagues completely. That has noting to do with me having little affection for either leagues, nope boss!

And if the man truly believe that this was the only season the Pats did dicey stuff he is either a fool or lying to himself. I don't know much about American Football but I know that much.

Edited by phil03

4 hours ago, yomurphy1 said:

Jewish schools and synagogues are being shot up? I guess no one has told you what Israel is doing in Gaza.

Banning Russia for their war in Ukraine and then overlooking the genocide that Israel is committing just isn't......... kosher.

2 hours ago, WestHamCanadianinOxford said:

Then with this logic, the IOC should reinstate Russia and allow them to participate..

3 minutes ago, Sal333 said:

Then with this logic, the IOC should reinstate Russia and allow them to participate..

Not really.

The logic for banning Russia was that it invaded a sovereign country. 

Arguments can made that oppression or human rights violations or similar could be a reason to ban a nation but that is clearly different than one nation invading another. 

6 minutes ago, Sal333 said:

Jewish schools and synagogues are being shot up? I guess no one has told you what Israel is doing in Gaza.

Banning Russia for their war in Ukraine and then overlooking the genocide that Israel is committing just isn't......... kosher.

That is deliberately incendiary language, not based on logic, just rhetoric, and posts doing that should be banned from the board. It also proves the argument that those saying they are talking about Israel and it has nothing to do with Jews are lying their asses off. 

Just argue the points, because if you want to provoke you'll provoke your way off the board. Or get the board closed down. 

I realize this is not the place to fully hash things out, but neither it is the place to just take cheap potshots that you know are malicious. Up to you.

11 minutes ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

That is deliberately incendiary language, not based on logic, just rhetoric, and posts doing that should be banned from the board. It also proves the argument that those saying they are talking about Israel and it has nothing to do with Jews are lying their asses off. 

Just argue the points, because if you want to provoke you'll provoke your way off the board. Or get the board closed down. 

I realize this is not the place to fully hash things out, but neither it is the place to just take cheap potshots that you know are malicious. Up to you.

To paraphrase Samuel Johnson, ad hominems are the last refuge of a scoundrel. Narduch and I are talking about Israel. It was another poster who mentioned people of the Jewish faith. It wasn't us.

You want to conflate Jews with Zionists, that's your problem, not mine. Judaism is a religion. Zionism is an ideology. I have a problem with that ideology committing genocide. Apparently, you don't.