General Discussion on CMNT

Scorpion26

Posted (edited)
14 minutes ago, Obinna said:

It bugs me a bit they couldn't drop them at the same time. What's the logic here, not to split the attention? I could be wrong, but I don't think there's a great deal of overlap between the fan bases, casual supporters aside (who probably don't care that much about roster drops anyway).

It's Canada Soccer not cannibalizing their social media clicks into one day. Comms team focuses on one big release at a time. It's basically so that they can spread clicks and shares over two days instead of one. 

Some of this is for consumers, er fans, and some of it is for media outlets or journos. 

Edited by Mihairokov

2 hours ago, Olympique_de_Marseille said:

The WNT's first match is June 1st, 5 days before the MNT's first match.... so 5 more days until the Men's roster? 🤷🏽

I don't thjnk it would drop on a weekend. So if it doesn't drop tomorrow it could be 5 days

Posted (edited)
12 hours ago, Mihairokov said:

It's Canada Soccer not cannibalizing their social media clicks into one day. Comms team focuses on one big release at a time. It's basically so that they can spread clicks and shares over two days instead of one. 

Some of this is for consumers, er fans, and some of it is for media outlets or journos. 

Or maybe, because of finances, the Canada Soccer site can't handle the one-day traffic of 5040, 33 people clicking to find out the rosters for the two NTs.

Edited by Sal333

1 hour ago, BearcatSA said:

The two incumbent names I am searching for on the call up are Laryea and then Hoillet.  Did the latter do enough at club level to get a recall under Marsch and is the former considered recovered enough to contribute later in the tourney?

I mean in both cases I doubt it

1 hour ago, BearcatSA said:

The two incumbent names I am searching for on the call up are Laryea and then Hoillet.  Did the latter do enough at club level to get a recall under Marsch and is the former considered recovered enough to contribute later in the tourney?

I don't think  players, who are injured/not match fit, will be on the squad list for the 2 friendlies. Doesn't mean they will be excluded from the Copa squad if they do get back to match fitness.

7 minutes ago, InglewoodJack said:

MLS fastest player list just dropped. Bombito & Shaffelburg are 1 and 2 on the list:

That’s 37.2, and 36.6 KM/H respectively. Fastest speed clocked in the champions league this year is 36.2. 

Crazy that a CB is the fastest in MLS, and he's Canadian to boot!

Has  a CB in any league, been the fastest player in a given season?. 

20 minutes ago, WestHamCanadianinOxford said:

van de Ven for Sp*rs was this year in the Premier League

and we might get to face him. 

Apparently van de Ven was clocked at 37.38 which is a premier league record, and one of two guys who’s ever gone above 37KM ever in the prem along with Kyle Walker (37.31). Bombito would be the third fastest premier league player of all time.

https://www.skysports.com/amp/football/news/11661/13067209/micky-van-de-ven-tottenham-defender-smashes-premier-league-record-for-fastest-speed

For context, Usain Bolt was clocked at an average of 37.58 km/h in 2009 during a 100m race- this was the year he broke the world record for fastest 100m dash. 

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, InglewoodJack said:

MLS fastest player list just dropped. Bombito & Shaffelburg are 1 and 2 on the list:

That’s 37.2, and 36.6 KM/H respectively. Fastest speed clocked in the champions league this year is 36.2. 

For reference, Alphonso Davies was fastest in the Bundesliga this year at 36.4 km/h.  He was also fastest in last year's Champions League at 37.1 km/h.

Edited by GasPed

I just came here to post this. Fascinating is a great way to describe it. Greenland for me has always been a strange, almost mythical place once referenced in the mighty ducks. One thing this confederation needs is more arctic climate matches to combat the years of sweaty, humid bumpy pitch shenanigans we’ve had to deal with in Central America. 

2 hours ago, Ally McCoist said:

Not sure where else to put this but this is fascinating. Picture this: 2030 World Cup qualifier Greenland vs Canada in Nuuk.

New road trip uncovered!

We'll play in "Nuuk, if you buck, Nuuk if you buck!" 🎶